Evidence - VE sample comment thread

I've listened to it about 10 times now i think and somehow i like it more and more with every listen, it's just a bit difficult to tell because it gets faded in and we only get to hear the refrain and a little bit of the verse. Again a bit different but promising :)

The guitars definatly have a more metallic sound than I'm used to from Katatonia. Jonas also has more confidence in his voice. The drum sound is better than on LFDGD. There's something distinctly original in the vocal melody for a Katatonia song, sounds like VE will definatly take new directions.

This is a very unsatisfying sample though, I need to hear the full song! :waaaah:

I've just downloaded the sample...actually I wanted to wait until I had the album in my hands...but I couldn't resist the curiosity...
The sample is too short to judge, but it sounds quite different from the katatonia I'm used to, even if the guitar sound is heavier it doesn't sound so "darker" or depressing as I thought...
I like Jonas's voice a lot...but ok, it's too early to judge.

i must say... this sample gives me a nu-metalish feeling....
I love it though... sound realy good.. heavy, and as Ormir says, jonas sounds realy confident this time..

/me whants the album NOW!

It definitely get's better with every listen. I like it a lot. Guitars sound great (really heavy) and Jonas is getting better every album. But it's still too short a sample to make any further conclusions about VE. Oh man, it's going to be a long month and a half.

Nothing new to say here really, I like it! My only complaint is the guitar sound - it just isn't clear enough. Maybe it's too low in the mix, I don't know. But there's not enough of it. I don't feel it's surrounding me like ...well, like Tonight's Decision, which I was listening to today. I can't work out what it is... I think it's a combination of the different guitar sound and perhaps the vocals are more prominent? I don't really know what I'm talking about. Suffice to say that I'm not vastly impressed with the overall sound. I'm sure though that when I get a whole song, or better yet, the whole album to listen to... I'll get used to it. The music itself is great, what little there is. Like everyone else is saying really, it's not enough to judge the album on, but for a random 45 seconds from the album, it's great! Really looking forward to this.

listen to the backing vocals.
there's a difference to be noted.

go back, listen to chrome...
and then play your samples again.

agree with moonshield on the guitars.
but it's nice, though, especially the way jonas sings that "too" in "if you died i would die too".
wait for more!

Yes it does sound more"corporate" or "mainstream" ... but it also sounds f'in AWESOME!! I really like this... the vocals are GREAT!! and it DOES get better with every listen! i DO hope that all the songs dont sound as "mainstream"-ish though..

I'm not going to make a huge judgement on this... but its already stuck in my head. I think we have another classic comming March 24th.. thank you again Katatonia!!

I'm not really sure what people think is 'mainstream' about it? It sounds to me like it could easily be a chorus taken from Tonight's Decision, only with a different production and a little bit more maturity in the vocals.

45 secs is such a tease It's not fair

It sounds so crisp though love the sound of the production

Makes you wonder if they are showing you, what they think is the best stuff on the album ????