Evile Announce Album Title, Artwork and Release Date

EvileAdmin

Bathed in Blood
Dec 4, 2008
www.myspace.com
Evile have set "SKULL" as the title of their 4th album, due on MAY 27th in Europe on Earache Records and in North America via Century Media/Earache Records. The follow-up to 2011's "Five Serpent's Teeth" was once again recorded with producer Russ Russell (NAPALM DEATH, DIMMU BORGIR) at Parlour Studios in Kettering, England. The artwork for the album was painted by artist Eliran Kantor (TESTAMENT, SODOM, HATEBREED).

Commented Evile drummer Ben Carter:
"We'd like to extend our thanks to Eliran Kantor for his amazing artistic representation of our original concept, which we'll reveal further details of in the coming weeks. Our fans can expect this album to be a return to our thrashier roots, as well as exploring new ground in typical EVILE form. We've always said we want to progress and move forward in everything we do, and this album is no exception. We're so amazed with everything Russ Russell and ourselves have produced, and can't wait for it to be released upon the masses!"

Added Evile lead guitarist Ol Drake:
"'Skull' is not what you think. 'Skull' is not where you think. 'Skull' is a mythical void in the deep fathoms of space."

For more info visit the link on BLABBERMOUTH.NET - http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=187911

evileskullcd.jpg

The title is crap. The cover is crap. The music however... Will be incredible.

I hope.

I like one word album titles so it´s fine with me, I don't really understand the cover though, looks like a bunch of concrete blocks with zombies coming out from them?
And I get the feeling that not many people liked FST's album cover, that one is my favorite cover!

I don't see how you can pass a judgement on the title without knowing the meaning behind it? I'll wait to listen to the album before I decide what I think of it, but given that it's Evile I'm expecting there to be something more behind the title.

As for the artwork... it's okay. Finding it hard to make too much sense of it atm. Again, that may change in time.

Cover is great, title not so much. Although, if all creative juices have gone to great music then I don't mind if it was Potato:) Then again, new Amorphis album is called Circle so maybe there is trend growing here...

I cant really tell you what's going on in that cover and I have no idea of its relation to the title. Which is not very good because album covers and titles should serve to give you more or less an idea of what's going to be in the album itself. Just "Skull" and whatever the hell is happening in that cover are really vague.

I want moar!

No real judgement on the title or the cover, it's what Evile wants and that's all there is to it.
But, personally, I think the cover looks great. Title is a bit meh, but it's whatever.

I think I'll let the music do the talking.

I'm starting to think that they've deliberately released a very minimal amoutn of info... no tracklisting? Song titles are a big giveaway as to how things will sound and to the meaning behind the album itself. This is some mind-bending shit.

Either that or, dare I say it, the album will just be very bland. But that won't happen, WILL IT BOYS?!

Of course there's something more to it.....

you think we would have "skull" as an album title if it was about actual skulls? its nothing to do with skulls, we would never be that generic.

As always, we don't believe in easy answers or spoon-feeding audiences, there's a lot more going on, bigger themes and ideas, but it won't all connect until you pay attention to music and lyrics etc....... even then it may not connect fully. But thats the way we want it. Does anyone know what Long Live New Flesh is really about yet?

It's more fun that way isn't it, if you're told everything all at once then what else is there to find out? Mystery is a good thing, especially nowadays when you can find out anything you want to find out through google, you dont need to learn anything for yourself. Everything is spoiled. Everything is an easy answer. Fuck that.

This way you get to project your own thoughts and impressions and experiences on it and you might find it means something to you that it doesnt mean to anybody else. You can explore it.

If you're not interested in that though, then the music can be enjoyed with your brain switched off as well, but if you want to dig deeper then you can. It's open to however you want to approach it.

Hopefully you'll see what i mean when you hear the album. I think you're going to have a really good time with it. Keep your eyes open for tracklisting, maybe a song?? then maybe a video???

Until then, just because the title and artwork doesnt make it painfully obvious what the album is going to be about, don't worry, all that means is we haven't slapped an album together in 5 minutes and that we don't think you're all stupid. It means we want YOU to be aware of what you're listening to, and to think about what you hear and read and to make your own mind up about it and not be told what it means. makes it more personal that way doesnt it? We've put some thought into this so hopefully inbetween banging your head you might think about what youre listening to.

And you WILL be banging your heads.

Personally, I didn't need that reassurance (as I fail to see why people are feeling so butthurt over the cover/title? :lol:) but yeah, I think that will make things a little more clear for some. Although to be fair Ol clearly hinted there is a lot more to it with - "'Skull' is not what you think. 'Skull' is not where you think. 'Skull' is a mythical void in the deep fathoms of space."

Anyway, I'm looking forward to hearing it even more now. Sounds like it's going to be a good 'un!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for 'Long Live New Flesh' - I was familiar with the title from Videodrome, so I was inclined to think it had something to do with breaking down some form of mind-control, which does kind of fit with the lyrics. But I'm really not sure at all!

Just to be clear Matt, I still plan on buying the most expensive limited edition combo pack that Earache puts up. :lol:

You probably can't answer this, but when can we expect a preview? Or a single?