EVILE BALLAD TO MIKE

most10

New Metal Member
Jun 18, 2011
So... what should we expect from that ballad dedicated to Mike from their comming up new album????

Do you expect something like Pantera's Cemetery Gates, mixing the ballad for the verse w/ heaviest riffs + nice solos???

Maybe like a MegadetH ballad, w/ nice clean intro + heavy riffs + short trhashy-soloing ending???

Or maybe like a classic MetallicA ballad: almost acoustic intro + solo + ballad w/ heavy chorus + long thrashy crazy ending??? (i mean like Fade, Sanitarium & One, not like The Unf. saga)

Something totally diferent??? any ideas??? let us know!!!

All I know is I wanna listen to it RIGHT NOW!:devil:

Am I the only that REALLY HATES seeing people capitalize the last letter of Metallica and Megadeth? It really annoys me for some reason. :lol:

To be on topic, I have no clue what to expect, and I doubt the band will give any information out on it. I do really really really reeeaaaaaaaally wanna hear it though.

Didn't Matt state that the 'ballad' was inspired by Mike, but not for him? As it's been said already, Mike'd probably punch everyone and call them dickheads for dedicating some sappy to him so the heavier stuff is for Mike. So sayeth the Captain of Information.

As Dave said, The heavier stuff is dedicated to Mike according to Mike but the ballad is inspired by Mike. Two completely different things

Just gonna leave something I found a week ago here,
Kerrang_UK_EvileFt_11Jun11.jpg

Don't know why, but the ballad is the song that I'm looking forward to the most. Ever since I heard the clips of it in the studio videos, I've wanted to hear it!

i honestly wouldnt call it a ballad, even though it kinda is, it kinda isn't. It's more a ........ reflective moody piece of music.

and when i said it wasnt for mike and the heavy stuff is, i was just speaking for myself. for ol and ben its FOR mike, its different things to different people.

i honestly wouldnt call it a ballad, even though it kinda is, it kinda isn't. It's more a ........ reflective moody piece of music.

and when i said it wasnt for mike and the heavy stuff is, i was just speaking for myself. for ol and ben its FOR mike, its different things to different people.

I've heard what it means to you three, but what does it mean to Joel?

I do see it slightly different..somewhat from a different prospective in that i hear it as a song that was written to deal with..not 'about' or 'for' Mike, but how it impacted on the band. A little info for you is that this was the first song i tracked bass for, meaning the first thing i played on an Evile album was Mike's riff. :)

It's gonna be cool as hell... I really dunno what to expect from this "ballad" to mike/for mike/inspired by mike/dedicated to mike's family/made to and from his friends to help dealing with his loose...

well, i know they're die hard fans of metallica (please notice i didn't capitalized any letter to do not hurt anyone' sight) (LOL) but their music is much more like slayer, so i think the song won't be like a metallica or megadeth classical ballad... i dunno know, i would love it if they do it that way, but who knows, maybe the song will be soft pretty much all the time as matt said mike would kick their asses for dedicating him such a "soft" song...

i dont really think it's gonna be a "soft" ballad, i think he means not fast and thrash or speed or whatever, maybe with some heavy parts and a lot of solos here and there, more like a pantera ballad...

well, who knows, as i said, i dunno what to expect...

I do see it slightly different..somewhat from a different prospective in that i hear it as a song that was written to deal with..not 'about' or 'for' Mike, but how it impacted on the band. A little info for you is that this was the first song i tracked bass for, meaning the first thing i played on an Evile album was Mike's riff. :)

That's interesting, thanks for answering that.