EVILE BALLAD TO MIKE

Preview of "In Memorian". Sounds really nice...
Feels right to know this band's got real talent to create music, other than the best thrash metal of the 21st century, in a very cool way also:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rLLdvSAFzU&feature=related[/ame]

A little info for you is that this was the first song i tracked bass for, meaning the first thing i played on an Evile album was Mike's riff. :)

So are you saying Mike wrote the bass work for this song? Or do you mean the first thing you played on an Evile album was the song for/about/influenced by Mike?

i believe that he means that the first riff he played on the new Evile record was the riff that Mike always used to play before a show

Mike used to play a random bass riff at soundcheck to check his level with, so joel recorded that at the beginning of memoriam as a little nod to the big man. As to where the riff came from, its either something mike wrote or something that had existed before??? we have no idea we never asked him about it.... so we assume mike wrote it.

Mike used to play a random bass riff at soundcheck to check his level with, so joel recorded that at the beginning of memoriam as a little nod to the big man. As to where the riff came from, its either something mike wrote or something that had existed before??? we have no idea we never asked him about it.... so we assume mike wrote it.

Ok thanks Matt, that clears it up for me. The main point I was interested in is where the riff originated from. So I'll take it that it was Mikes' riff (From what we know)