Exclusive for this forum - Preview of NEW song!

EdSOE

Absolution of Humanity
Aug 11, 2008
Costa Rica
www.sightofemptiness.com
Dear Friends,

I would love to share with you all, a new song from the Upcoming second album of my band: "Sight of Emptiness".

We recorded the whole album in a humble local studio here in Costa Rica, we know is not even close to the "standards (soundwise)" of what is out there as we speak: (Nevermore - Septicflesh - Decapitated - Soilwork - Amon Amarth - Opeth, latest albums) but we need to "play" around with the toys we have over here "equipment wise".

Let me tell you a little bit about the process:

Drums: Recorded 100% acoustic, NO Triggers or sound replacement. We wanted to have a more "human" feeling and not that "plastic" sound some new albums have right now.

Guitars: SCHECTER 7 STRING, Marshall JCM 900 and POD XT with The metal Pack.

Bass: WARWICK 5-STRING, direct to the workstation + Boss CS-3 Compression Sustainer Pedal.

Vocals: We used a couple of mics, Sennheiser and Audio Technica...cant remember the models right now :(

Overall, we are happy with the result, could be better 100 times for sure.

Last but not least...So excited about the guy in charge of the mastering, he's no stranger for all of you or this forum :headbang:

More details SOON...

2 FORMATS:

.WAV (73MB -44100/24)
.MP3 (11MB - 320kbps)

LINK for Download: http://www.fileqube.com/shfolder/181059FdIohpgub#d:181059

BTW the song needs some editing at the beginning and at the end :rolleyes:

Cheers

ALL COMMENTS WELCOME = GOOD OR BAD :worship:

Really think you should stream this somewhere. I don't want to wait a half hour for it to download at the speeds I'm getting from this site.

why would it be a pain in the ass what's wrong with myspace? downloading the actual mp3 would take even longer.. it doesn't make any sence

production is clean and transparent. i think guitars are buried and not wide. Kick is in front of everything else and snare is not cutting through, unless this is what you are looking for.

nice song i really like the vocals, dont really like the snare or kick but thats just me. Just bring the guitars up so there more emmm there and in your face but apart from that keep up the good work :headbang: