Exclusive interview with Joey Sturgis

Nice interview!
At least now when the Sturgis fanbois ask what gear he's using, you can point them in the right direction :lol:

best part of this:

Mental:
Be appreciative. When I start to edit something I just think about how the money I am earning has put this roof over my head and fed me earlier that day. It really comes full circle when I finish things and just feel grateful to be lucky enough to do this for a living. When you think about things in the way that none of what you have would exist without these people who you are sharing a creation with, you really gain a lot of patience and determination. The mental stability that comes from this is what makes it possible.

so fucking true.

I had a big grin when you asked who he would like to record and he said BTBAM (My favorite band... :p).

As much as I love Jamie King, I think I would enjoy listening to what Sturgis could do with them.

[UEAK]Clowd;9206376 said:
best part of this:

Mental:
Be appreciative. When I start to edit something I just think about how the money I am earning has put this roof over my head and fed me earlier that day. It really comes full circle when I finish things and just feel grateful to be lucky enough to do this for a living. When you think about things in the way that none of what you have would exist without these people who you are sharing a creation with, you really gain a lot of patience and determination. The mental stability that comes from this is what makes it possible.

so fucking true.

+1

I had a big grin when you asked who he would like to record and he said BTBAM (My favorite band... :p).

As much as I love Jamie King, I think I would enjoy listening to what Sturgis could do with them.

Same here ! I dig this band so much, I'm curious of what could be the result

Jamie keeps BTBAM locked up in a separate room in his studio, there's no way anyone else is recording them.

Great interview! Thanks for sharing it. Really hope that he gets to work with Born of Osiris, that would be one incredibly EPIC record.

according to his calendar, from 22nd of june till 11th july, he did/is working with boo. but it appears he isnt

joey, im assuming BOO was postponed/may not be happening?

metalfanatic: it's safe to say that you surely don't want to read what I say when I get interviewed ...

colonel kurtz: totally! And it's usually the nobodies or has-beens who complain about cockiness ...