Joey Sturgis Clipper!

Maybe off topic but I just saw this pic posted on FB!!!

1926894_705288376181540_2480596338228935576_n.jpg

Damn, now I'm really cuorius about this...

If it's really a May 1st release...probably should have started the PR machine rolling earlier, no? Unless it's being done by a 3rd party (SSD) who will take care of that.

The strength of EZdrummer isn't really about the drum sounds, certainly not for mixing, (though it can sound pretty good) but for creating drum parts for entire songs in 2 minutes.

You mean to say that you can make drums for an entire song in 2 minutes?!

Assuming you're using the grooves provided....? I normally hate working with that stuff and prefer to start from scratch.

You mean to say that you can make drums for an entire song in 2 minutes?!

Assuming you're using the grooves provided....? I normally hate working with that stuff and prefer to start from scratch.

Library of the Extreme, saves time and sanity. I agree about the basic stuff, though.

If it's really a May 1st release...probably should have started the PR machine rolling earlier, no? Unless it's being done by a 3rd party (SSD) who will take care of that.

Even if Sturgis is famous and lots of people likes his style, I really wish this is not an SSD/Trigger expansion. It would fit just that Rise Records style/post deathcorewith"clean"autotunedvocals and blast beats with breakdowns. (Or not). I wish Slate start looking for guys like Brendan O Brian, Michael Wagener, Andy Wallace, just like he did with CLA and Terry Date.

Also, I think that he is lauching his own product, wich will fit the market better and more fair priced than SSD.

Maybe it would be another Ezdrummer expansion, who knows (Ezdrummer 2 comes in May).

About the Clipper, has anyone tried it yet? I think it would be useless for me, since I already have the fabfilter PRO-L and Izotope

Even if Sturgis is famous and lots of people likes his style, I really wish this is not an SSD/Trigger expansion. It would fit just that Rise Records style/post deathcorewith"clean"autotunedvocals and blast beats with breakdowns. (Or not). I wish Slate start looking for guys like Brendan O Brian, Michael Wagener, Andy Wallace, just like he did with CLA and Terry Date.

Also, I think that he is lauching his own product, wich will fit the market better and more fair priced than SSD.

Maybe it would be another Ezdrummer expansion, who knows (Ezdrummer 2 comes in May)

Probably not, since he explicitly told people not to buy it. Think Toontrack would frown upon that sort of thing :lol: But I tend to agree.

He's starting out with samples for Kontakt/Drumagog/Trigger/WAV and will be releasing his own plugin later down the line. I honestly don't see what he can do that's going to be so "revolutionary" to be honest. Drum samples and vst's have kinda been done to death at this point.

It's going to be a virtual drummer (VD) that you create as a character (like Fallout 3), then you can give the drummer different drumsticks, to change the sound.
You'll also be able to give the VD drugs and alcohol to change the groove and playing.

There will be DLC-packs consisting of certain traits that will affect the playing as well:
'Saved him/herself for marriage' - Accurate drumming, but will only play Jazz.
'Wasn't popular in school' - Plays aggressively, but wont' really follow what you've programmed.
'These drums aren't in tune, I'll fix them' - Ruins all the hours you spent setting up the kit, randomizing the outcome.