Exclusive Porcupine Tree new Video

is this going to be on their new album?

Maybe i have to listen to it more often, I'm not that convinced at the moment.
But I'm curious about their new stuff.

Anyone know when it will be released in europe?

cheers

Yes the song is on the new album, I've heard the entire album and believe me IT'S GREAT !! Some songs have a strong Opeth's influence while the others are in the vein of the old Porcupine Tree sound (i.e atmospheric & progressive.)

The last song of the album (Collapse the Light Into Earth) is the heaviest song that I've heard from them in their entire career, it's unbelievable!!

Taken from the official site:

''The new Porcupine Tree album "In Absentia" will be issued in North America on September 24th by Lava. Release dates for Europe and Japan are to be confirmed. The first 20,000 copies of the CD will come in a miniature gatefold vinyl-style cardboard sleeve. Thereafter the album will come in a standard crystal case. A double vinyl edition is also planned for release in early 2003.''

So i guess late september/ early October will be out on Europe too!

I can't open the bloody video either. I get some 'invalid file type' crap when I try to launch it on WMP. Any ideas...?

Originally posted by HarmonyDies....
correction, OPeth got there influences from these guys.

I think opeth got there influences from porcupine tree mostly on their acoustic parts and their clean vocals, and as for porcupine tree, the new song called ''gravity eyelids'' after the middle brake with the guitar riff, comes a chords session that reminds me much of the chord changes in the ''blackwater park''. So maybe now opeth influenced porcupine tree on their heavy parts...:heh:

Unfortunately the tentative release date for Europe is January 2003, which sucks big time. The band say it's because of the label's policy. Strange policy indeed.

But I must say I listened to Strip The Soul several times and it failed to impress me so far. It may be heavy, but it's heaviness for the sake of heaviness. It may be dark, but it is not atmospheric at all. The vocals are nothing special, either. On the whole, I think I can hear some Tool or even SOAD influence here, but the song doesn't hold a candle to Tool. To say nothing of Opeth.

Am I the only one disappointed here?

Disappointment would be the word I too am looking for in regards to this partricular songs. I've also heard the demo version of Trains which is anything but interesting. Still I have my hopes up, though I know not to listen to anyone on the Opeth board as they are into blindly worshiping anything related to Opeth.

:err: well, if you don't like it - fine. everyone can't like everything.
:yell: but to me In Absentia is a brilliant album. love every second of it.

:D funny thing though, during the second track, Trains, something hits me, and i think to myself "damn, i love music!". last album to do that was AFDTE.. :worship:

:loco: ..btw, i'm no Opeth-fanboy. :rolleyes: