New Porcupine Tree album

Thortyir

Watch out for BLÖTT!
Jun 15, 2002
Brussels / Belgium
www.myspace.com
Yesterday, I bought the new Porcupine Tree album, "in abstentia". And in 24 hours, I've listened to it about 6 times!
It's really amazing, with great harmonies, melodies and full of emotion...:eek:
You must discover this band, if it's not done yet!:)
I think there are some mp3 files on their website : www.porcupinetree.com

I wanna say something. PT are a very good band, especially their early psychedelic stuff is very good, but please tell me... Would we be talking about 'em if the guy from Opeth hadn't busted our balls about 'em? Nobody in the metal scene had an idea who PT were in '98-'99... Anyways, they're decent but the whole fuss is ridiculous... Nobody would listen to me if I told you The Misfits were ace for example but if some guy in a band does it, well then that's diifferent. All I'm sayin' is have your own opinion... :)

For some people, it must be true... ;)
But I listen to PT since "stupid dream" and I like "lightbulb sun" too...
Long before Steven Wilson's great work with Opeth...
:)
But I agree that many people are going to find something interesting in PT from now... But, Sol, where's the evil thing about that?

Me too, i discovered PT long before Steven Wilson's co-production
of OPETH'S last albums...and i also think that this co-operation between them, mostly helps as a promoting for OPETH ruther PT, regarding people outside the metal scene that had the chance to learn about OPETH from a rock band of a far more mainstream fanbase than OPETH'S...
About IN ABSENTIA, it's been a long time since i've heard something so amazing and inspired as this! My second favorite album for the 2002! (First is Opeth's!)

Originally posted by Thortyir
For some people, it must be true... ;)
But I listen to PT since "stupid dream" and I like "lightbulb sun" too...
Long before Steven Wilson's great work with Opeth...
:)
But I agree that many people are going to find something interesting in PT from now... But, Sol, where's the evil thing about that?

No evil. Just form your opinion without "sheepishly" listening to others... I had the excellent Voyage 34 long before the Opeth thing got big...

Originally posted by Neonseed
I totally agree with that! Not like greek metalheads who hear only what metal hammer promotes! :p

Thank God you said that..... This is 1000% how it is unfortunately... I know cos I did the same when I got into this music. It's a good mag but I mean... Every album that gets a 9 gets big and if they put a 5 or a 6 evryone says it's crap. Goddamn it it pisses me off. I listen to kids in shops talking like that and I wanna smash their heads... Anyway, they'll grow up and see how things are really like... Great bands that do great all over the world won't come to Greece cos the press does not support 'em... So fuckin ridiculous... DON'T LISTEN TO MAGS!!!

I never said some bands don't deserve attention. Nevermore are very good, I've got all their stuff, but what about those bands that get crucified every month? But what is more annoying is that they "godify" some bands that have nothing to offer... Stratovarius album of the month? Gimme a break...

Magazines are only good for interviews. for cdreviews you have to decide for yourself, because everybody has his own taste.
By example, in opposition what mags think I like ToT's Assembly, Pearl Jams Riot Act and detest Paradise Lost/Symbol of life and think that Moonspells Darkness & Hope isnt that good.
And the funny thing is that each magazine thinks the same and say the same things. Its like they write down someone else's thoughts. AND they are afraid to lose their good contacts with big labels.

Originally posted by sol83
I never said some bands don't deserve attention. Nevermore are very good, I've got all their stuff, but what about those bands that get crucified every month? But what is more annoying is that they "godify" some bands that have nothing to offer... Stratovarius album of the month? Gimme a break...
About Stratovarius it's pure comedy! and you remember about THE ALMIGHTY MANOWAR!!!!!!!! Hahahahahahahahahaah!:lol: I see we all have the same view about mags. Mariner is right!

I believe that too... They don't "axe" some bad records just so that they are ok with the labels and the gig promoters. It's a give-and-take game...