New Porcupine Tree record announced

Arjen W.

Jun 29, 2006
The Netherlands
www.myspace.com
From Porcupine Tree - Recent News:

Fear of a Blank Planet

01-06-2007

Roadrunner Records and Atlantic USA have officially announced the release of the new Porcupine Tree album "Fear of a Blank Planet" in mid April. The album features six (mostly lengthy) tracks, and is the band’s most ambitious and cohesive work to date. Much of it was debuted last year on tour to a rapturous response from fans.

The lyrical content of the song-cycle on the album is a 21st century cocktail of MTV, sex, prescription drugs, video games, the internet, terminal boredom, and subsequent escape.

More news and previews of the album to follow on this site.

Deadwing was all right but In Absentia and Lightbulb Sun are better. I'm still kind of looking forward to this though.

Not fucking awesome imo, but still good, one of the weakest PT albums, some tracks are kind of stupid...it is nowhere as incredible as In Absentia, Signify, Lightbulb sun, Stupid dream or Recordings.

open car is pretty good too. but deadwing is nowhere near in absentia, recordings and lightbulb sun.

6 tracks? They played 7 live, and some of them weren't so good. Let's hope they ditched the bad ones and there is some completely new stuff on the final release

Meh, Deadwing had its moments, but it wasn't mindblowing, especially compared to In Absentia etc. Still, I'm very interested in this next record, hope it'll be better than the last one.

Strangely enough I was listening to Deadwing today, that's what brought me to the PT site. ASBNH is a good track indeed, for the first time I noticed that Mike's solo part is almost identical to some solo stuff on Ghost Reveries (Hours Of Wealth), pretty funny. Probably the first time I gave Deadwing a spin since GR's release.