Porcupine Tree - The Incident (2009)

Soundscape

Sep 16, 2002
Maplewood, MN
allmediareviews.blogspot.com
September 21st rel dat.e Preview in July.

http://tinyurl.com/lunbp4

Porcupine Tree new album
Porcupine Tree are happy to announce the forthcoming release of their tenth studio album "The Incident". The record is set to be released via Roadrunner Records worldwide on 21st September, as a double CD.

The centre-piece is the title track, which takes up the whole of the first disc. The 55-minute work is described as "a slightly surreal song cycle about beginnings and endings and the sense that 'after this, things will never be the same again'."

The self-produced album is completed by four standalone compositions that developed out of band writing sessions last December - Flicker, Bonnie The Cat, Black Dahlia, and Remember Me Lover feature on a separate EP length disc to stress their independence from the song cycle.

Video footage of the band in the studio working on The Incident, as well as audio previews, will be available online soon. The band will tour extensively to promote the album from mid September onwards.

this is probably gonna suck since it'll be a 55 minute sw wankfest with more shitty lyrics like "xbox is a god to me"

I hope not ! While Fear of a Blank Planet was not the greatest album, I respect it as an honest change in direction with regards to Porcupine Tree's sound (minus some of the sucky lyrics). I just hope that this album has more of the genius that In Absentia and Deadwing had.

not to burst your bubble or anything but we get the lyrics. and theyre fucking disastrous, just like pretty much all other lyrics steven wilson has ever written. guy can write a decent track or two though

Once i filed through all Porcupine Tree Lyrics to find some memorable lines, something you can quote. - and couldn't find a single one.

As a whole, I think some lyrics are very good, especially on Signify and Lightbulb Sun; but i aggree, Fear Of A Blank Planet has a point in some cases, but i don't see a reason to write pretty much the same meaning lyrics in every track.

-
Just checked the ticket-prices for the European tour. 36,20€! (~50USD). Not far away from a price i would boycot.

he has a few standout tracks. i thought arriving somewhere but not here lyrics were great, a few from in absentia and a lot of stupid dream and lightbulb sun were pretty nice too. itd be nice to see someone else have a crack at the lyric writing, i mean he'd have to know his lyrics are poor.

pretty much all i want from this album is a bit more psych, far more lush sw style harmonies and bare all shit lyrics.

I liked FOABP musically quite a bit. I liked the spacey stuff mixed with metal and some of Fripp's work.

Lyrically, I actually agree with most of what Wilson had to say - I just wasn't a big fan of how he felt that he had to repeat himself so much.

So yes, I would agree that he is not a great lyricist, but he is decent. Evenless (LONG VERSION) is one of his finest moments.

Looking forward to this!