New Porcupine Tree record announced

Slow, repetitive powerchords and 90s grunge-style vocals, sonic bliss :puke: That song sounds like it could have been written by Stone Temple Pilots on a bad day, or something (besides the lame keyboard breaks playing the same slow boring chords and the disjointed acoustic outro).

lol you are not really wrong, i like the main riff, sounds good, i don't care if a riff is repetitive as long as it is decent, the chorus sounds nothing like STP though.

lol you are not really wrong, i like the main riff, sounds good, i don't care if a riff is repetitive as long as it is decent, the chorus sounds nothing like STP though.

Yeah, the chorus is the slow lame keyboard break section(s). I don't hate the song I just think it's lame (partly cause I helped some guy tab it so I had to listen to it closely a lot more times than I'd have liked).

Wankerness i cant get over your sig haha... Lazarus i like a bunch and Open car took me a while to like, but i appreciate it now. Deadwing as an album took me a while to appreciate it, but its aged well for me.

the open car chorus is great

lazarus is definitely embarassing

lazarus is far from a bad song. open car is one of the highlights of the album. personally i loved it at first but it aged fairly quickly after that. i still listen occasionally but it doesnt have the longevity of other pt releases for me.

I think that "In Absentia" is an album for the ages, as well as "Signify." I never get tired of listening to those albums. Also "Sky moves Sideways" is another excellent record. IMO, PT took what the "Floyd" layed out and expanded it on SMS. Took that style of music to another level.

Slow, repetitive powerchords and 90s grunge-style vocals, sonic bliss :puke: That song sounds like it could have been written by Stone Temple Pilots on a bad day, or something (besides the lame keyboard breaks playing the same slow boring chords and the disjointed acoustic outro).

And that's why I can skip the point.

Though I agree with Burning Sky, your sig is fucking amazing.

Slightly offtopic: all guitarists out there, does anyone of you by chance have the newest Guitar Pro tabs from PT? Everyone knows MSB shut down, but I checked there for some tabs of PT songs, just to see if the songs that I needed existed as GP tab and could find them elsewhere.

Now, I saw the tabs I wanted, but they only had like 100-400 downloads, so they are pretty rare if none or few of those people shared them on p2p or whatever (I couldn't find them atleast). So, my question again: does anyone here have those newest tabs? They're made by a guy named Eren I think, I tried to mail him some days ago, but no response yet.

Slightly offtopic: all guitarists out there, does anyone of you by chance have the newest Guitar Pro tabs from PT? Everyone knows MSB shut down, but I checked there for some tabs of PT songs, just to see if the songs that I needed existed as GP tab and could find them elsewhere.

Now, I saw the tabs I wanted, but they only had like 100-400 downloads, so they are pretty rare if none or few of those people shared them on p2p or whatever (I couldn't find them atleast). So, my question again: does anyone here have those newest tabs? They're made by a guy named Eren I think, I tried to mail him some days ago, but no response yet.

What are the songs

lol i agree with everything you've said in this thread.

What are the songs

Lemme see, he did quite a few new ones I never got to download.

A Smart Kid, Blackest Eyes, Collapse The Light Into Earth, Deadwing, Drown With Me, Four Chords That Made A Million, Futile, Heart Attack In A Layby, Lazarus, Lightbulb Sun, Mute, Piano Lessons, Pure Narcotic, The Joke's On You, The Rest Will Flow.

Hm, quite I lot, I wonder how he spit al of those out in such a short time. He did all the instruments and has perfect ratings as far as I can tell, so I'm quite interested.

I'm looking for the GP tabs because I'm not only interested in the guitar parts. The Rest Will Flow is the tab I want most, the guitar isn't hard to figure out, but I would like the other instruments for covering purposes.

Lemme see, he did quite a few new ones I never got to download.

A Smart Kid, Blackest Eyes, Collapse The Light Into Earth, Deadwing, Drown With Me, Four Chords That Made A Million, Futile, Heart Attack In A Layby, Lazarus, Lightbulb Sun, Mute, Piano Lessons, Pure Narcotic, The Joke's On You, The Rest Will Flow.

Hm, quite I lot, I wonder how he spit al of those out in such a short time. He did all the instruments and has perfect ratings as far as I can tell, so I'm quite interested.

I'm looking for the GP tabs because I'm not only interested in the guitar parts. The Rest Will Flow is the tab I want most, the guitar isn't hard to figure out, but I would like the other instruments for covering purposes.

Yeah, that does sound interesting - have you checked out their forum? They used to have a big thread about tabs, someone there probably saved them. If you get them post a zip of them or something, I want to see :X