New Porcupine Tree record announced

SW has a much more inflated ego than Mike definitely. Anyway, on topic, I hope that they scrapped a couple of the tracks they played live. As someone said earlier, they weren't that great, but there were some good ones. THe long track in particular was really good. Its obvious now that SW is all about his metal influences, so if you dont like that sound incorporated in PT's music, I can't say you'll like how they've progressed of late. I like it I suppose, but I wonder how the rest of his band feels about it all. Gavin seems like the only one that really gets into the live shows. Beanie and Barbieri seem kinda bored whenever they play, though im not sure if thats related to the new direction.

Gavin seems like the only one that really gets into the live shows. Beanie and Barbieri seem kinda bored whenever they play, though im not sure if thats related to the new direction.

This I definitely agree with. Their live shows do lack a certain excitement, but I still gladly go.

I really enjoyed the new songs they played, and am looking forward to the release.

And for the record - Steven does need some work on his lyrics. Actually, things might be more interesting if he stopped the constant rhyme scheme. The music is great (for the most part), and the lyrical concepts are decent (for the most part) ...but his words do need a good boot to version 2.0

this is really funny.

1 year ago, this forum:
PT <3 SW <3 <3 <# zomg. PT even came up on lists and polls for the wrong genres.

fast forward::

PT, meh, overrated.

could you IMAGINE that the buzz created around PT last year helped contribute to people thinking that they're "all that" this year? MINDBLOWING!

Hahaha be quiet Andrew! I was away on holidays, as soon as i went in this forum i saw the title and read every post that was worth reading. :p But i really can't wait for this new PT... the title sounds awesome as it is.

lol. i wish there were more than 6 tracks... i cant help but feel sw might be starting to lose control with all these side projects and stuff. then again he might blow me away with this one. we'll have to see.

i'm just going to go ahead and expect a mediocre album. that way i'll either be right or pleasantly surprised.

Well... Personally I can't wait to hear this new record. I haven't heard too much PT, mainly because I never have any cash... at all... ever. But I have Deadwing, Signify, and most of In Absentia. I've heard some of Stupid Dream.

I love it all. It's really refreshingly different music and I can listen to it over and over again.

SW doesn't seem like he has a big ego... but what if he does? You have to give him some credit there. See how far he has gotten? He's poured out better music than most modern "musicians" will ever in their life! He deserves all that ego & maybe more.

I'm highly anticipating this new release. If it's anything like the stuff I've heard, it will be well worth it.:)