New Porcupine Tree record announced

The thing about Lazarus that makes it embarassing is, that yeah, the main melody of the song is pretty downright cheesy. But then, that middle part comes along and almost redeems itself (the incredible vocal part of both Wilson AND Akerfeldt). So, it's a hard call. But yeah, overall, it's definitely the weakest track of the album - that one and halo.

""Follow me down to the valley below You know
Moonlight is bleeding from out of your soul" = cheesy.

"My David don't you worry
This cold world is not for you
So rest your head upon me
I have strength to carry you" = one of the best vocal duets I've heard recently, followed by great acoustic work afterward.

so a friend of mine happened to get a hold of some of the new PT songs from the live show in Boston and I had a listen today. I haven't read through all the posts in here, and not sure if many of you have been able to get a hold of these tunes, but I dont really wanna spoil it for those that wanna wait to hear the finished product. All i can say is that I cant friggin wait for this album to come out, and am excited to hear what changes if any there will be in the recorded version. Definately the heaviest PT ive heard yet! \m/