Porcupine Tree - Anesthetize

I listened to Up the Downstair yesterday, and wow that album is just as trippy as Voyage 34. You can tell it V34 was originally supposed to be on the album, because those LSD drug recordings from that one girl are on a fews songs. I also love the title of the album, it describes the sound perfectly.

On the subject of early PT ripping off Pink Floyd:
Someone I know once said that the earlier Porcupine Tree albums are what Pink Floyd should have come up with after Animals. Whilst these albums do have a very heavily Floyd influence, to me I don't see any problem with this because to me it sounds on the same level of quality. I think 'Ripoff' is only really a dirty word if its like a b-grade version of the influence, which is not the case here.

Anesthetize is an epic song, my favourite of Blank Planet. I agree with those saying the lyrics to the album are bland and poor quality, especially in comparison to In Absentia. Along with In Absentia, Deadwing is another incredible album by Porcupine Tree. Lazarus and Arriving Somewhere but not Here are some of their best musical and lyrical work and Mellotron Scratch has intricate words, as well. Heartattack and Collapse the Light Into Earth are great works from In Absentia. Porcupine Tree's earlier work is worthy of looking into as well but I don't feel it is up to par with anything post '99 (Stupid Dream - Lightbulb Sun era), because the atmosphere doesn't feel as sophisticated as their most recent works. Oh, and I also think the last third of Anesthetize is a formable conclussion to the song, transitioning into a mellow finish.

Anesthetize is my favorite from Fear Of A Blank Planet. My favorite Porcupine Tree album is Deadwing though.