New Porcupine Tree record announced

the graphiicssss are astoundiiingggg
im lonellyyyy
the aliens come once againnnnnnnn
that girl has big titssssss

: porc tree lyrics:

SW needs to hire a lyricist

couldn't agree more...some of his lyrics are cringe worthy
I wouldn't care at all if he didn't come across as such a pretentious, self-important weiner

I love the music though.

this is really funny.

1 year ago, this forum:
PT <3 SW <3 <3 <# zomg. PT even came up on lists and polls for the wrong genres.

fast forward::

PT, meh, overrated.

good news. im fairly excited for this one. but i agree his recent releases (apart from blackfield II, havent heard it) have been a bit under par. and maybe he could give one of the other members a shot at writing some lyrics because his definitely arent anything special. although deadwings were a step up.

Haha, I have no idea what the lyrics on most of the songs on the last two albums have been...I think after hearing too much shit about "narcotics in my brain" and "hating every minute I waited for your email" I started tuning them out automatically, but they probably got less offensive too. I always find it annoying when bands try to write songs about how lame pop music is, though (example: Sound of Muzak)...most of the bands that do it are horrible indie rock that I'd rather gouge my ears out than listen to, and it's unfortunate porcupine tree had to adopt that same smug position. Sure they're probably better than most pop music, but writing a song about how they are is just lame.

PT is alright, but somehow I lost interest after Lightbulb Sun... too much crap on that CD already (well on Stupid Dream, too)