pifos_2

des scoubidoubidous wha !
Jan 15, 2007
Netherlands
www.myspace.com
don't.... want... to wait ... ahhhhhhhhhhhh

----------------------------------------------
The new album - "The Incident"
Porcupine Tree are happy to announce the forthcoming release of their tenth studio album "The Incident". The record is set to be released via Roadrunner Records worldwide on 21st September, as a double CD.

The centre-piece is the title track, which takes up the whole of the first disc. The 55-minute work is described as “a slightly surreal song cycle about beginnings and endings and the sense that ‘after this, things will never be the same again’.”

The self-produced album is completed by four standalone compositions that developed out of band writing sessions last December - Flicker, Bonnie The Cat, Black Dahlia, and Remember Me Lover feature on a separate EP length disc to stress their independence from the song cycle.

Video footage of the band in the studio working on The Incident, as well as audio previews, will be available online soon. The band will tour extensively to promote the album from mid September onwards.
----------------------------------------------------------------

I seem to be the only person in the world who thinks Porcupine Tree and Steven Wilson and pretty much anything he's attached to (apart from the vocal production on blackwater park) is immensely boring.
PT sounds vanilla as fuck to me

I seem to be the only person in the world who thinks Porcupine Tree and Steven Wilson and pretty much anything he's attached to (apart from the vocal production on blackwater park) is immensely boring.

warszawa, deadwing and in absentia. none of the projects turn me on ...
gave aviv geffen a try when he last played berlin but it was way too corny for my liking.

deadwing and in absentia made me want to fucking retch
there was a few parts of fear of a blank planet that i enjoyed, the first track was a good'n, but that's literally all I can find of PT that I've enjoyed. They just seem like prog/space rock for nubs who can't handle the good shit.

I didnt realise Porcupine Tree was known on these boards.
I've already got my tickets booked for the new album tour in the UK.
I saw one of their shows for the last album (fear of a dark planet).
I still think its one of the better live shows ive been too.

so...excited >.<

It's just you:D

Yeah, I dig PT, though on all of their last 3 albums (the only ones I've heard) there are a few weak tracks that hearken just a bit too unpleasantly much to like dirty indie Brit rock ("Shallow") or just get kinda boring. But when they're on, they're on, so I'll check this out!

I absolutely love PT. They are probably my favorite band. I think what they are doing with this album is really interesting...though, if you don't have a cd changer, you are f'd in terms of listening to the album straight through! The entire first CD is one song and the other 3 or 4 songs are on the 2nd disc. It should be an interesting album...there was a studio video put up on Roadrunner's website. It looked like Gavin was not recording drums in his studio this go around. I am excited to hear the final product.

I absolutely love PT. They are probably my favorite band. I think what they are doing with this album is really interesting...though, if you don't have a cd changer, you are f'd in terms of listening to the album straight through! The entire first CD is one song and the other 3 or 4 songs are on the 2nd disc. It should be an interesting album...there was a studio video put up on Roadrunner's website. It looked like Gavin was not recording drums in his studio this go around. I am excited to hear the final product.

That drummer is fucking good:kickass:

And to everyone not liking their stuff, at least listen the albums before In Absentia before judging them ;). They were really more prog and less pop before IN Absentia.

gonna have to say that stupid dream/lightbulb sun both have a lot more traces of pop than in absentia does.

would really like to see this not be a sw wankfest but alas, he's writing a 55 min song about some more dumb shit. he needs to stop trying to be meshuggah and stop writing about xbox, and start writing good songs (like on stupid dream/lightbulb sun) or jump back to the sky moves sideways/voyage 34 type shit (except without the :erk: lyrics).

stupid dream was probably his lyrical peak, everything before that was psychedelia stoner stuff and everything after that has been just retarded honestly (except for arriving somewhere...). "like a cancer scare, in the dentists chair"? "xbox is a god to me my mother is a bitch my father gave up ever tryin to talk to me"? seriously steven?

Not being argumentative, just curious actually, since we dig a lot of the same music. What do you consider "the good shit" in this genre?

piper at the gates of dawn and dark side of the moon if you want the obvious ones
PT always struck me as a bit of a prog throwback band