Expanding Metal Knowledge

Personally, I find Terminal Spirit Disease to be vastly underrated since it's neighbors with Slaughter of the Soul. A lot of people slag it since Alf Svensson left at that time, so there's not as much creativity as there was in the good old days. But even then, I still find it to be a very enjoyable output, it still has most of the elements that made At The Gates great in the circa 1991 days. I consider it the last great ATG album before SotS came out.

While i'm at it, i'm gonna throw out A Canorous Quintet (now This Ending). These guys are among the Founding Fathers of melodeath, but never got popular like the other three. Still, their releases were pretty good and very much death metal, but I suggest checking out Silence Of The World Beyond, that was their best release. As for This Ending, Inside The Machine is a good melodeath album.

I apologize for mentioning bands that have already been mentioned.

Agalloch
Arcane Sun
Amorphis
At The Gates
Bathory
Burzum
Cynic
Darkthrone
Death
Dismember
Drudkh
Emperor
Enslaved
Eucharist
Godflesh
Gorguts
Graveland
Hypocrisy
Kataklysm
Lykathea Aflame
Martyr
Mithras
Neuraxis
Opeth
Paradise Lost (early)
Pestilence
Primordial
Saint Vitus
Saturnus
Satyricon
Solitude Aeturnus
Suffocation
Wetwork
Wolven Ancestry
Woods Of Ypres

Ok so I'm pretty young and I've only just got into metal. Now I'm trying to expand my music collection so could you recommend some bands that sound like my faverites:

Black Metal (Gorgoroth)

Death Metal (Six Feet Under, All Shall Perish, Daath, Job for a Cowboy)

Melodic Death Metal (Dark Tranquility,In Flames, Kill The Romance, Amon Amarth, Nevermore, Soil Work)

Groove Metal (Pantera, Lamb of God, Mastodon, Chimara)

Mega Dunno What Genre It Is Metal (Nother, Enslaved, Children of Bodom)

ok, first of all, where's brutal death and grind? second of all, JFAC isn't death metal, they're deathcore and crap.

Personally, I find Terminal Spirit Disease to be vastly underrated since it's neighbors with Slaughter of the Soul. A lot of people slag it since Alf Svensson left at that time, so there's not as much creativity as there was in the good old days. But even then, I still find it to be a very enjoyable output, it still has most of the elements that made At The Gates great in the circa 1991 days. I consider it the last great ATG album before SotS came out.

Hardly an "album", if you cut out the live tracks it barely runs for 20 minutes.

It is underrated. And I can still listen to The Swarm, Terminal Spirit Disease and Forever blind. Whereas I can hardly listen to SOTS anymore.

Ok so I'm pretty young and I've only just got into metal. Now I'm trying to expand my music collection so could you recommend some bands that sound like my faverites.

How about I just recommend some good shit instead? Off the top o' me 'ead:

Morbid Angel- Altars of Madness
Emperor- In the Nightside Eclipse
Bathory- Hammerheart
Deicide- Legion
Mayhem- De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas
Candlemass- Nightfall

Aight lil bro. These are some of my favorite bands. I highly recommend Iron Maiden and Blind Guardian to "Wet your young pallet'' The first album i ever bought was The Number of the Beast by Iron Maiden and it really opened alot of doors.

Iron Maiden
Blind Guardian
Iced Earth
Hammer Fall
Helloween
Judas Priest
Three Inches of Blood
Testament
Metallica
Enslaved
Control Denied