Exploring The Early Stuff

BeardedPanther

New Metal Member
Dec 23, 2008
I, like many new AA fans I think, was introduced to the band through their later albums. For me, it was Cry of the Black Birds. But now, you'll all be happy to know, I'm seeking to appreciate their early stuff.

So give me some help, what's are your favorites between Once Sent and Versus the World?

I've been listening to Once Sent From the Golden Hall a lot lately and for me my favorites are: The Dragon's Flight Across the Waves, Without Fear, and Amon Amarth.

Thanks for any input.

Ok, maybe it is not "early" enough for you but the Wrath of the Norsemen DVD kicks arse. :kickass::kickass::kickass: and you get to see many of those tracks played live. Plus backstage stuff.

Ok, maybe it is not "early" enough for you but the Wrath of the Norsemen DVD kicks arse. :kickass::kickass::kickass: and you get to see many of those tracks played live. Plus backstage stuff.

I have tried so hard to get a hold of that DVD man, but its not in stores anywhere around me. I think I'm gonna order it online along with the re-release of Once Sent.

I have tried so hard to get a hold of that DVD man, but its not in stores anywhere around me. I think I'm gonna order it online along with the re-release of Once Sent.

Mail Order!!!!! :kickass::kickass::kickass: It's not even remotely expensive for the amount of footage you get- 3 DVDs of tracks, the most recent album being Fate of Norns...

Only "Bochum, the DVD" could beat that. :worship:

So basically you should get all the albums, because they range from "fucking fantastic" (Once Sent, Versus) to "great" (The Crusher, Avenger). Fate of Norns is the weakest. Certainly part of it is the fairly weak production on that album. It's still well worth owning, though; some great songs, like the overplayed Pursuit of Vikings, the absurdly badass Once Sealed in Blood, An Ancient Sign of Coming Storm, the Beheading of a King, etc.

Songwise a couple of my favs are:

Without Fear
Victorious March
Friends Of The Suncross
Amon Amarth
Once Sent From The Golden Hall
The Last With Pagan Blood
God, His Son, And Holy Whore
Masters of War
The Sound of Eight Hooves
As Long As The Raven Flies
Annihilation of Hammerfest
Releasing Surtur's Fire
Death In Fire
Where Silent Gods Stand Guard
Thousand Years of Oppression

and those are just my absolute favorites. GET ALL FOUR NOW. Just start youtubing those songs until you feel so gay for not owning those albums that you overcompensate and impulse buy three copies of each.

The rate of growth of my beard has increased by a power of 10 since creating this thread.

Thanks guys. :kickass:

Where Silent Gods Stand Guard
Thousand Years of Oppression
Abandoned
Dragon's Flight Across the Waves
Avenger

Best album overall imo is Avenger..
I started with Once Sent and worked my way back to the present, because i too started with WOOOS