exquisite moments in music in my opinion

My favorite Nile moment: the end of Sarcophagus. The drums, the melody, and that underlying riff all spell perfection.

I'm having trouble remembering the part your talking about, it's on Black Seeds right? I haven't heard that one more than a few times. And yeah, Sarcophagus is on Darkened Shrines, an album that is slowly becoming one of my favorite death metal albums, ever! :kickass:

One Inch Man said:
I'm having trouble remembering the part your talking about, it's on Black Seeds right? I haven't heard that one more than a few times. And yeah, Sarcophagus is on Darkened Shrines, an album that is slowly becoming one of my favorite death metal albums, ever! :kickass:
yeah the song "defiling the gates of ishtar" is like the 3rd song on black seeds and its at the second break in the song when these voices come in with this really awesome vocal harmony/melody about a minute and a half before the end.

josh: hatebeak is hilarious

Greg: I'll totally trade you Nile's Among the Catacombs for something lame...

The snakey single-note riff underneath the syncopated drums/bass in the middle of "The Negation" by Decapitated warms my heart. :worship:

I wish I was that album.

Yeah I like that bit in that song too. Nile aren't my sort of thing, but that was a good standout track altogether and the first I play to people who ask me about Nile.

That old Orphaned Land song, 'Pits of Dispair' has one of the best heavy metal moments in it, in my oppinion, from 2:30 to 3:10 or so. It just has this little climax that always gets me.