Extremely un-gay thrash metal

MisanthroBeast

New Metal Member
Apr 8, 2007
We all hate the gothenburg scene, and we all hate metalcore, but let me tell you the true reason to hate those genres: they merge with thrash, and by that i mean that bands who want to play thrash metal, play sentimental jew metal. I do not want to hear gothenburg type of riffing when the band is supposedly "death-thrash". So what this thread is about....

Recommend me thrash that fulfills these requirements honourably:

1. Thrash that is awesome
2. Thrash that is extremely not-gay-as-fuck.

Now, a few "melodeath" riffs can be tolerated if the overall output is total thrash mayhem (for an example, Deathchain has its moments of that modern crap, yet it most definately is asskicking thrash).

Mediocre and decent are not good enough.

Possessed
Massacra
Nasty Savage
Sacrifice
Razor
Infernal Majesty
Sadus
Coroner
Sabbat
Xyster
Turbo (Pol)
Kat
Debustrol
Shah
Master (Rus)
Sepultura
Executor
Dorsal Atlantica
Chakal
Mutilator
Sarcofago
Holocausto
MX
a fuckton more.

I've never noticed a resemblance between the Gothenburg sound, metalcore and thrash metal. Anyways:

Ares Kingdom - Return to Dust
Nocturnal Breed - Fields of Rot/The Tools of the Trade
Aura Noir - Black Thrash Attack
Toxic Holocaust - Hell on Earth/Evil Never Dies
The Forsaken - Arts of Desolation
VII Arcano - Inner Deathscapes
Occult - Elegy For the Weak
Gospel of the Horns - A Call to Arms

Most of it's blackened thrash but whatever, "un-gay" is pretty vague but I guess that rules out Vio-Lence, Artillery and the like.

Zing!

Sabbat - History of a Time To Come
Sabbat - Dreamweaver
Holy Terror - Mind Wars
Artillery - By Inheritance
Holy Moses - Finished With The Dogs

My top five thrash, perhaps you'll find worth in them like I do.

Inquisition - Anxious Death/Forever Under was a pleasent surprise when i was checking them out.

What is that band logo at the top right of ohiogrinders sig? I've seen it somewhere and can't pinpoint it.

Melodic death has nothing to do with thrash, unless your exposure is limited to what is fed to you by the masses.

Devastation - Idolatry
Devastation - Signs of Life
Incubus - Serpent Temptation
Incubus - Beyond the Unknown
Opprobrium - Discerning Forces
Destruction - Infernal Overkill
Kreator - Pleasure to Kill
Possessed - Seven Churches
Death Angel - The Ultraviolence
Dark Angel - Darkness Descends
Metallica - Kill em all

People, i want the recommendations more brutal, more evil and more heavy. Let me show some quality examples of awesome thrash:

-Legion Of The Damned
-Deathchain
-early Sepultura (Schizophrenia, especially)

And for something that isnt death-thrash, Drunkard does a good job in kicking ass.

Bands like Artillery are simply too weak.

Destruction
Sodom
early Sepultura
early Kreator
Slayer

I would say this: For Sodom, Code Red is a kickass album, otherwise the band (while not terrible), is overrated as hell and not nearly as br00thul or evil as people think it is. No, it is not. Same with Destruction. Kreators Pleasure to Kill is nice, but the rest of it really is not that wicked head-chopping thrash people claim it to be. Slayers Reign In Blood (though im a cliche for saying this) is a good album too, of course.

I want fucking nasty thrash. That is thrash with balls, which is not completely without nuts, nor with one ball, but balls. Make it three balls just in case, because weak thrash is annoying.

Melodic death has nothing to do with thrash, unless your exposure is limited to what is fed to you by the masses.

Devastation - Idolatry
Devastation - Signs of Life
Incubus - Serpent Temptation
Incubus - Beyond the Unknown
Opprobrium - Discerning Forces
Destruction - Infernal Overkill
Kreator - Pleasure to Kill
Possessed - Seven Churches
Death Angel - The Ultraviolence
Dark Angel - Darkness Descends
Metallica - Kill em all

Out of these i havent yet heard Devastation, Incubus or Opprobrium. Of the rest, Dark Angels Darkness Descends and Possesseds Seven Churches are very much to my liking. As well as The Ultra Violence, ive always loved that album.

Metallica rulez!!111!!!!11!!!1!

Seriously, try:-

One Man Army and the Undead Quartet
Paradise Lost (Their very early stuff)
Obituary
21st Century Killing Machine

Get out of my internet.