EZ Drummer 2 announced

Hopefully this is a predecessor to SD3. And hopefully it will have a damn master volume control.

+1

right now i have EZ Drummer with several EZX's,
Superior Drummer 2.0 with various SDX's, Addictive
Drums with several AdPaks, SSD4 Platinum, 8Dio Zeus
and tons of other samples.

on their own none of these sounds desirable, however mixing these
can bring some great sounds but the adminsitration and routing is real
PAIN IN THE ASS.

i wish there was one single drum VSTi that combines the best out of
the existing ones, great cymbals (8Dio Zeus) punchy shells (SSD4)
and a nice and simple GUI (EZ, superior2)

however i highly doubt that this will ever happen,
i guess it's all about useless little things that are
advertised as the next bing thing, i mean sure there are people who
need ths but to be honest i don't give a fuck if i can create a complete drumstrack withing the plugin GUI if the samples jsut sound like shit...

Was super excited to get my hands on Metal Machine for EZDrummer and was kind of let down compared to Slate.....

The GUI window is just small and the bleed control is not what it could be. And not being able to stack multiple samples....?!

That said, I can't watch the video in the OP but I'll have to get back to it when I have better connection.

I think that's not scoring but similar to that EZplayer where you arrange midi grooves.

EZ players arrange function is also worthless in my opinion. The only time I use ez player is to try to convert one map to another. Even then it doesn't work all that great.

Drag and drop arranging is so much more versatile than doing it inside a plugin.

Was super excited to get my hands on Metal Machine for EZDrummer and was kind of let down compared to Slate.....

The GUI window is just small and the bleed control is not what it could be. And not being able to stack multiple samples....?!

That said, I can't watch the video in the OP but I'll have to get back to it when I have better connection.

EZXs have limited bleed, you can stack samples in SD2.0. Kind of unfair to compare to SSD, but even in the EZD player I think MM beats the pants off anything Slate's done, ESPECIALLY in the cymbal dept.

Metal Maschine sounds great but has to less velocitys/dynamics for my taste Its much harder to humanize than a Slate Kit. Also cymbal hits mostly sound the same. Sometimes i record with a E-drum, when i do that i would never go for Ez drummer. Slate sounds with that really good in dynamic response. With Metal maschine iwould have to push velocitys later or use a midi comp but it would still sound more programmed

I get the impression there isn't much innovation left in drum vsti plugs to tempt people out of their current work flow. I mean, BFD3 had tom resonance and cymbal swells, but I don't remember any panties getting wet over it. Maybe sample add-on packs are the real market, seems to be the only drum related software that has received real excitement in the last 2 years, for example Metal Machine, SSD4 CLA and Terry Date expansion..

Composing within a vsti is a bad idea. Have a look at how much effort Cockos devs have been putting into Reaper MIDI since v3 (2 years ago?), people will always fall back into their DAW. Unless, you're a 14 year old that just dragged his mum through Guitar Center, this could be a god-send.

Don't really have to say a lot about it until there are more functions visible, but damn that transition from 1:06 is so out of time :lol:
Makes it pretty hard to concentrate after that for me...but I'm coming straight from editing right now :p