Pod HD 500 vs Mesa Dual Rectifier Metal

1 sounds good to me, the second more real sounding one reminds me of the tone on The Bleeding by Cannibal Corpse, albeit a hair less fizzy haha. If im right and that is the real one then im sure it can be eq'd a bit better however im not sure thats the point. Ive liked nearly every clip ive heard of the hd series recto and engl models, Im really debating picking one up.
Simon have you tried running the pod as a preamp into your mesa, if so how did you feel about the sound?

1 sounds good to me, the second more real sounding one reminds me of the tone on The Bleeding by Cannibal Corpse, albeit a hair less fizzy haha. If im right and that is the real one then im sure it can be eq'd a bit better however im not sure thats the point. Ive liked nearly every clip ive heard of the hd series recto and engl models, Im really debating picking one up.
Simon have you tried running the pod as a preamp into your mesa, if so how did you feel about the sound?

Hi! No, i didn't try it through the mesa poweramp, but with an engl e850,Marshall El34/100 and a Rocktron Velocity 300. Maybe i plug it in one day:)

Thanks to all for guessing. Here is the answer : 1 is Mesa, the second is the Pod :)

Cheers, Simon

Wow, im surprised by these results. No offense but your terrible at making a pod patch and very good at micing cabs. Did you do any post processing here?

Wow, im surprised by these results. No offense but your terrible at making a pod patch and very good at micing cabs. Did you do any post processing here?
Little eq and too much master compression :)
Yeah they were so different it was hard to guess. I liked the first one more though, which happened to be the real amp

I started tweaking the Pod, to compare the result with the real amps. Then i dialed the mesa to the same settings. Thats just how it sounds. As you see in the vid, the settings used within the pod (and the Mesa) are nothing really special, nor extreme. The pod turned out to be the fizzy of the 2, of which the rectifier is normally known for. I posted the vid on purpose, like it was, to confuse you folks a little. Otherwise it would have been too easy :) I think you can make them sound quite similar if you want.
Also keep in mind : I exported the sample as a .wav. After the video export it was a 320kbit mp3. I don't know what YT is doing with the files...