Mesa Dual Rectifier Revision F vs. Triple Rectifier High Gain Metal

Is the triple broken?

There is a difference between 2 and 3 channel Rectos. And there is a difference between Duals and Triples but it should not be that obvious and extreme.
Sounds like there's something wrong somewhere!

That's the difference between a Dual RevF in channel 2 Modern/Red and a Triple (US Modell) in channel 3 Modern/Red with approximately the same settings, regarding the second half of the video. That's how it is.
Regards,
Simon

I'm not criticizing you, I just made vastly different experiences with those amps. I had a session last year where we compared my old Dual Recto (serial 800 or something) and a new three channel Dual + two different mesa cabs and dozens of tube screamers and other boosters + I had quite a lot of old and new Triple Rectos here over the years. There's audible differences everywhere, but nowhere as extreme as in your example.

I'm not criticizing you, I just made vastly different experiences with those amps. I had a session last year where we compared my old Dual Recto (serial 800 or something) and a new three channel Dual + two different mesa cabs and dozens of tube screamers and other boosters + I had quite a lot of old and new Triple Rectos here over the years. There's audible differences everywhere, but nowhere as extreme as in your example.

No problem! Ich kann doch auch nix dafür :)