EZ Drummer 2 announced

I get the impression there isn't much innovation left in drum vsti plugs to tempt people out of their current work flow. I mean, BFD3 had tom resonance and cymbal swells, but I don't remember any panties getting wet over it.

On the contrary, our userbase has been pretty impressed with the simulated tom resonance and cymbal swells - the simulated tom resonance allows you to glue the kit together a little bit, even if the original recordings did not retain the resonance. It works pretty well. The cymbal swell tech sounds better than anything else on the market for natural sounding cymbal swells. If you make post-rock, it's the only thing that will get you where you want to be.

Looks like they've borrowed BFD2's drum-track concept. I wonder if they also provided a groove editor? That might be cool to see. Interested to check it out anyway; on a personal note, I love all of the main drum plugins! I've been using SSD4 quite a bit recently, although I don't rate the cymbals at all. Mixture of BFD3's Zildjian A-Customs and the Terry Date Slate pack, and I've got a pretty convincing Deftones kit going on!

Just went over that video from Burny's link real quick. Looks like there are quite a few customization features in the new version. Idk how much they make from Superior compared to EZD but maybe it doesn't even make sense to go on with the Superior line if EZD is becoming more versatile.

(Note: I don't understand what they are saying but the screenshots give away a lot.)

Last edited by a moderator:
EZXs have limited bleed, you can stack samples in SD2.0. Kind of unfair to compare to SSD, but even in the EZD player I think MM beats the pants off anything Slate's done, ESPECIALLY in the cymbal dept.

Yeah, I still have never tried SD2. I only played with MM like twice so far and haven't had much time to really get into it. But my band will begin writing for our next album soon and I'll be sure to make demo drums with MM and really get a good feel for it.

Metal machine is really great, it can be used with any drum replacement vst pluging to make a really professional tight drum sound, I mainly depend on it for my mixes