EZ drummer and getting it to multitrack in cubase/nuendo

Jun 2, 2005
I always find myself having to open 3 instances of the the EZ plugin... one for kick, one for the snare, and one for the OH.
And while i have seen threads how to do it in cubase and reaper, they did not help me at all and i cant get it done.

Is there anyone out there who multitracks EZ in cubase and nuendo and give a good solid explanation how to do this? im completely blind i guess, but there is nothing i can find on it at all at the moment.

Cheers in advance!

you have to go to the EZdrummer interface and press "Mixer". Once on the mixer right click any of the Outs and you'll fin the "multichannel" option

Hope it helps.

The tracks will be in the VST Instruments folder, inside the EZdrummer folder.

image5.png

to add to what's above: as soon as you select multichannel, EZD automatically routes the different pieces of the kit to the 8 output channels...remember that you can also set each element of the kit to output to whichever track you want

to add to what's above: as soon as you select multichannel, EZD automatically routes the different pieces of the kit to the 8 output channels...remember that you can also set each element of the kit to output to whichever track you want

Yep, shouldn't have any problems with that Bobbie boyo!

Guys, is there a way to do EZ multichannel on FL Studio ? I use it's piano roll very much and it would be very nice if I could do it on FL . Thanks for any help.:headbang:

How you enter the hits to program the drums doesn't matter if you have multi-out enabled or not. You will still have to use piano roll. The only thing the multi-out does is exactly what it says: multiple outputs. Basically, instead of having each channel routed to a stereo bus for all the drums, you will now have individual tracks for the kick, snare, hats, toms, overheads and room. This is useful because most of EZD's samples could stand a bit of tweaking to become usable. For example, I'll load up the Nashville kit, set it to multi-out, then I have snare top and snare bottom going to the same channel so I can compress them a little more, but together, as well as a little bit of eq and add a touch of verb to it. Multi-track drums, basically.

But, like I said, you will still have to program the drums via piano roll, there is no way around that in FL.

~006

How you enter the hits to program the drums doesn't matter if you have multi-out enabled or not. You will still have to use piano roll. The only thing the multi-out does is exactly what it says: multiple outputs. Basically, instead of having each channel routed to a stereo bus for all the drums, you will now have individual tracks for the kick, snare, hats, toms, overheads and room. This is useful because most of EZD's samples could stand a bit of tweaking to become usable. For example, I'll load up the Nashville kit, set it to multi-out, then I have snare top and snare bottom going to the same channel so I can compress them a little more, but together, as well as a little bit of eq and add a touch of verb to it. Multi-track drums, basically.

But, like I said, you will still have to program the drums via piano roll, there is no way around that in FL.

~006

Thank you for answering. I know I have to program the drums and stuff and I've already done that (I guess I didn't expressed myself quite righ). I want to use it like you've said: 1 drum per channel so I can tweak them a little bit. I know how to do it in Reaper, but I just can't do it in FL. :loco:

Is there a way to send the ezdrummer multi channel tracks to a bus before the stere out for adding compression to the entire drum mix?

Nice necrobump!

And to answer your question, I don't think you can send them to a bus before routing out to individual channels in your DAW, but you certainly can send all the drum channels in your DAW to a bus AFTER.