EZPlayer + Synth VSTi [Problem]

submersed

<B>HTML RULEZ D00D</B>
Sep 29, 2009
www.twitter.com
I have some MIDI melodies I'd like to use, and I have them loaded into EZPlayer.

I create a single midi track, set the IN to EZPlayer, and the OUT to my Synth plugin (in this instance, Nexus), and from there I double click one of my loaded melodies on EZPlayer.

It begins to play through the VSTi properly, however I notice there is excess sound coming from the VSTi. So, I stop the melody in EZPlayer, and my VSTi continues playing the last MIDI note I stopped on. It makes it difficult to test different melodies because there is what seems like one note being held throughout the entire time it is playing in EZplayer, and it becomes very annoying when I press pause on EZplayer, and my VSTi continues holding down that 1 note that EZplayer stopped on. In order to fix it, I have to disable, and then re-enable my VSTi, however it happens again the next time I test another melody.

When I drag and drop my melody from EZplayer into Cubase, and then play it in Cubase, it plays properly with no issues.

Has anyone experienced this problem? What can I do?

so why aren't you doing it that way then!?

cheers
S.

Because when I am selecting between dozens of different melodies for a specific part, I'd much rather double click to preview it, than drag, drop, combine all 4 midi tracks into 1, and then play my track in cubase, and then if I don't like it, delete it.

It's the difference between 1 second to preview a melody, and 45 seconds to preview a melody, and like I said, when you're previewing say 50 different melodies.....

I could be wrong (but I'm fairly certain I am not), but EZ player was not meant to play regular midi files that are not drum oriented. Hence the mapping.

When importing a midi folder (drag n' drop) into EZPlayer, it presents you with a prompt to select between instrument types:

qqnvys.jpg