getting latency with Superior Drummer 2.0 using my Roland Kit ...

Brady k

Punish Them
okay , i just got superior drummer yesterday ,, i am using my roland kit with the TD-3 , and the samples sound awesome but i am getting just a little bit of latency, every buffer size will give me latency, when i use 64 for the buffersize it almost works perfect , but there is still a tiny bit of latency ,, and any latency is too much ,,

i haven't even tried ezplayer yet ,, i am just trying to get it so there is no latency ,,

so if anyone has any suggestions or has ran into the same problem as me ,, i would be very greatful to hear from them ..

"use your drumbrain while tracking for monitoring and record the midi."

??? i'm sort of confused about what you mean ,, do you mean record the samples from my drumbrain then transfer it to superior somehow ,?,

okay guys here is the rundown of what i am using :

i have a Acer PC with 4 gigs of ram,, 500 gig hardrive, and 500 gig external hardive , with Pro Tools 7.4 Digi-Design 003,
i installed superior on my c-drive , and i don't know if that is the problem ,
i am using superior drummer vol.1 , with my roland kit and a TD-3 drumbrain ,
supeior finds my digidesign and uses it as its host , ,
i open the toontrack solo by itself because thats what it says to do,
i still have yet to learn how to use ezplayer and record something.
normal midi vsts open in pro tools ,, toontrack solo doesn't , so it is a whole new way of recording midi for me , which has turned out to be complicated.

i am still getting latency , and have tried everything ,,

i appreciate the help guys !!!

hope to hear from you soon ,

Maybe try some other (free?) midi drummachine first to see if it's the fault of superior or maybe it's something wrong with your DAW/Hardware

I use td-3 with ableton live and it works fine here

+1

It means: Mute your virtual sampler monitoring track (ezDrummer in your case) so you can´t hear what you are playing while you play. Then put some headphones (or speakers) on your Roland TD-3 module (brain) output. This way you'll hear what you are playing using the module with zero latency as the monitor source (even if it sounds crappy) while recording the MIDI on your DAW.

+1