Face of Melinda

opethical

New Metal Member
Apr 18, 2004
Hi all Opethians!
Any one catch opeth in Australian, twas one amazing experience,
Anyways......
Who is Melinda? Wat was her relation to Mikael? And did she committ suicide?

Questions, interesting ones they are, ive seen them b4 but with no decent reply.... shall make for an interesting disscussion...plz reply

oh my fucking lord, just search for this topic u will find like at least 7 more post which are on this, for fucks sake people are we seirous that fucking boring we cant come up with new shit?

For the billionth time.. she is a fictional character Mikael lifted from the song name of another band. Being fictional, she therefore has no relation to mikael, only the protagonist in Still Life. Whether she commited suicide or not, you interpret that from the lyrics, it's not meant to be completely closed-ended.

Next time, please run a fucking search, it really gets tedious seeing these time and time again.

yes cos i would come on to the opeth forum to promote being a hard-ass, im sorry to repeat myself but like i said dont talk shit when u dont know people

Melinda is Mikael's old girlfriend, and he wrote all of Still Life based on his own life, I guess you could call that album an autobiography. O, and before you ask, Blackwater Park is not a concept album, it is simply a bunch of songs about the good times Mikael had visiting Disneyland for his first time when he was 26.