Face Off 9: Paradise Lost VS My Dying Bride

Paradise Lost Vs My Dying Bride

• Paradise Lost

Votes: 21 37.5%
  • My Dying Bride

Votes: 35 62.5%

• Total voters
This was really hard for me, as they've both been close to my heart for 15 years now. I eventually voted for MDB, but really only because their albums from 1993-1998 mean so much to me. Paradise Lost are brilliant too, but those middle albums are worse than MDB's weaker albums in my opinion, so that just tipped MDB over the line.

The last 2 PL albums are excellent for fans of the stuff up to (and including) Draconian Times, such as myself.

I disagree a bit here, but yes, who cares.
I just find the new albums so...boring somehow.
They mix everything they have learned throughout the years, but to me it just comes out flat. A couple of good songs, but they're just good...far from great. Maybe I should have voted MDB.

It's a good point really that PL's worst albums are worse than MDB's worst...or is it that PL have made more worst albums..hmm! They should go back to thinking good music and less being heavy and dark. If the next album is like the two last..I'm calling PL quits... (not really..but it's a threat! ;)

Requiem: Same here...must be 15 years or so for me too..that's crazy..

I'll go with MDB, last time I listened to PL it sucked, I don't remember liking any other album from them besides Gothic.

PL is what got me started listening to this kind of music and they will forever have a dark place in my heart. MDB is awesome as well i started this poll because it would be interesting to see what the outcome would be since both bands are awesome as well.

Paradise Lost are a great band on CD but are very poor live, Ive seen them twice and twice I have been disapointed.