Face the Fact - Prussian (Real drums, vocals etc.)

Heya!

Haven't posted any real work here in quite a while, but I really dug this one so I thought I'd get your opinions on it. The band is Face the Fact from Holland, and the track was produced and engineered by our very own pifos_2, who did a damn good job with this :) This is the first of the couple of songs I'm mixing to get to know my new mixing room (thread here: http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/gear-sale/637412-get-one-song-mixed-free.html).

Here's the mix: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1809705/FTF - Prussian mastered louder 2.mp3

I'm pretty content with the mix at this point, but if there's something critical or really annoying you guys want to point out, there's still some time make adjustments. Feel free to ask anything.

All feedback is greatly appreciated, thanks! :)

EDIT2: Updated the link.

EDIT3: The final mix: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1809705/Fac...Face the Fact - Prussian MASTERED FINAL 2.mp3

hey man it is pretty nice!

I have few small things.

-it feels to me that the bass is a bit too loud in the mix (in comparison to the guitars). that makes things a bit messy.
-could you fade out the 'reason's at 2:41 ?
-could you automate and cut the delay on the lead guitars at the end of the little intro, just before the band comes in. I would make sure the silence is a complete silence.
- sometimes the vocals are a bit buried, but it's a question of taste. maybe you could compress a bit the vocals bus to even things out. there a lot of 1 track then 2 tracks then 4 tracks passages. and sometimes it seems a bit that the general volume of the vocals is going a bit up and down. especially when the Main Vox left and right come in.
- and to my the taste the delay on the final solo guitar is exagerated

well those are just details. i really like it and thank you very much!!

Did you discover anything funky in the tracks ? like bad edits, cracks, pops or whatever ? if you have also any tip on the way I produced it, let me know!

hey man it is pretty nice!

I have few small things.

-it feels to me that the bass is a bit too loud in the mix (in comparison to the guitars). that makes things a bit messy.
-could you fade out the 'reason's at 2:41 ?
-could you automate and cut the delay on the lead guitars at the end of the little intro, just before the band comes in. I would make sure the silence is a complete silence.
- sometimes the vocals are a bit buried, but it's a question of taste. maybe you could compress a bit the vocals bus to even things out. there a lot of 1 track then 2 tracks then 4 tracks passages. and sometimes it seems a bit that the general volume of the vocals is going a bit up and down. especially when the Main Vox left and right come in.
- and to my the taste the delay on the final solo guitar is exagerated

well those are just details. i really like it and thank you very much!!

Did you discover anything funky in the tracks ? like bad edits, cracks, pops or whatever ? if you have also any tip on the way I produced it, let me know!

Thanks, good to hear your input on this! Some of the issues you brought up were addressed on the updated link, and here's a new version with the rest of your wishes tweaked a bit: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1809705/FTF - Prussian mastered louder 4.mp3

If there's anything else you'd like to change, just let me know! :)

Regarding the tracking, you did a great job! A couple of pops in the vocal tracks that only came up when slammed with compression and I might have quad tracked rhythm guitars, but that's just a personal preference really :) I especially loved your lead guitar tones. I decided not to reamp them in the end. Well done dude! :)

I also think the bass is a little loud. Overall, no, but it's got a lot of 300hz that's messing up the phantom centre. The vocals are also a bit sticky-outy. Other than that I really like it.

Thanks for the input! Can't do any changes anymore, but I'll keep it in mind in the future! :)

One of the challenges with the new room is the fact that I can hear the lows and low mids around 80-100Hz and 200-300Hz a lot better now, so it takes quite a bit of adjusting my ears to even things out. That's why feedback like that is invaluable to me. Thanks again! :)

Guess I'm a little late on this, but yeah, sounds great man, though listening to the final mix, I think the vocals are WAY too loud, and the rhythm guitars have a bit of a phasey scooped sound to them, though at least they GTFO of the way of everything else, so they sit well; nicely done!