Facetheft song with Randall V2 + Mesa Rectifier

mikronn

New Metal Member
Apr 26, 2007
This is 2 tracks of Mesa Rectifier and 2 tracks of Randall V2 on ch2 (solid state). The 1st lead is Mesa Rectifier...the 2nd is Mesa Triaxis on Ld2 red. The lead fills elsewhere in the song are Triaxis Ld2 red.

The song is Wrath and you can find it here:
http://www.myspace.com/facetheft

The guitars are really lacking balls/low end, and have way too much gain on em.

Snare has a bit too much verb for me, but the rest sounds really good! Digging the overall vibe, and the song itself. Very tight playing for 4 tracks, too.

Thanks to both of you for your input! Means a lot. DSS3, what you said about the guitars was perfect - I struggled for a long time thinking I had too much bass....then too little...then too much. Same with gain. So, obviously I settled where I did, but your comment has given me the perspective I need to get back on these amps and redial them. Thanks again!

johnnypreset - I forgot to answer your cab question. This was all done thru a Palmer Pdi-09. I have an AxeTrak, but have not had enough time to warm to its sound. Also tried miking a Randall Warhead 4x12 (Celestion Vintage 30s) with an Audix i5...sounded pretty good but in the end the Palmer worked best for me in the time frame I had to get this done.