KRANKSTERS!!! Check my Revolution Jr. (with Mesa recti 4x12)

You know, the JVM almost dials itself in... the Krank is a tricky beast. Its most powerful feature, the sweep knob, is also the biggest pitfall.

I haven't been getting around of recording my Rev Jr Pro yet, but I can tell you that my go-to tone is brighter and more aggressive and doesn't move as much air in the low-mids like your tone there, which isn't bad by any means.

Have you tried a TS in front of the Rev Jr? The difference is quite subtle compared to putting one in front of a Recto, but it adds some bite.

You know, the JVM almost dials itself in... the Krank is a tricky beast. Its most powerful feature, the sweep knob, is also the biggest pitfall.

+1000000000000000000

Exactly this realization I had yesterday..and it nearly killed me :) What a nasty fucking bitch is this??! I have to tame it somehow.

A Tubescreamer...yeah Olli Emdprodukt also told me, I should buy one for the Krank. I will do so, my friends. Thanks for the info!!

GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, too much Yngwie in the solo, DO NOT WANT!!! :D Seriously, it gets awesome after you do that ridiculously sweet legato lick at 0:20, but everything before that kinda makes me puke, I hate neo-classical so much :lol: But yeah, after 20 seconds, it all rules! (and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the harmonies at the end at 0:45!). Also, I feel the overall tone could use more gain so the notes sustain better, but it's to your credit as a player that you got it to sound so good with so little gain!

Hahahahaha Marcus´s musical Blacklist:

-Blues
-Warrel Dane
-Hardcore Breakdowns

and finally...*drumroll*

-Neoclassic :D

I love Neoclassic and I would lick Yngwie´s balls immediately! he is one of the best guitarists ever :worship: But I certainly know, he polarises a lot..so also my solo does, I think. It´s an obeisance for Neoclassic!

I´m glad, you liked it though...the half of it :) Thanks Marcus!!

Damn, I LOVE blues, Warrel and neoclassical shred (as long as it's good stuff like early Yngwie or Jason Becker and not übercheese crap like Joe Stump puts out), but at least we're united in our distaste for karate kid monkey-boy breakdowns. :lol:

Damn, I LOVE blues, Warrel and neoclassical shred (as long as it's good stuff like early Yngwie or Jason Becker and not übercheese crap like Joe Stump puts out), but at least we're united in our distaste for karate kid monkey-boy breakdowns. :lol:

Hahaha I do as well, mate :) I also prefer the old stuff of Malmsteen, especially the debut album. We all know..he´s a goddamn poser, but he´s a fucking great player!!

And yes..we´re all absolutely united concerning the karate kid monkey-boy breakdowns :lol: Joe Stump I do not know...I think, it´s not a crime at all, hu?

EWWWWWWWWWW JOE STUMP EWWWWWWWWWWW :lol: (he's pretty much the American Yngwie, right down to the bad hair, fatness, and cream-colored strats :ill: ) But yeah, anti-breakdowns = :headbang:

EWWWWWWWWWW JOE STUMP EWWWWWWWWWWW :lol: (he's pretty much the American Yngwie, right down to the bad hair, fatness, and cream-colored strats :ill: ) But yeah, anti-breakdowns = :headbang:

Hahaha just saw a Joe Stump video on youtube...damn, he wanna be Yngwie..he would love to be Yngwie :) The same jewelry, the same style, the same frets...hahahahaha!!

Anyway, I definitely hear the Bergstrand influence in the snare specifically, though I feel this one has a bit too much snap/air and not enough punch around 1k; if you mic'ed the top and bottom, maybe increasing the top mic would help, or if not, just boosting at 1k to give it more POW!! The kick is cool, but just a bit too clicky for my tastes, and also could use a bit more body - maybe a slight cut around 4-6k and a boost around 200 Hz (but don't quote me on that) would do the trick! The cymbals sound good, though the hi-hat is a bit loud IMO (and when things get fast, the cymbal you start hitting in the right channel sounds like a splash ) Bass is cool, though the attack is a bit too pronounced; if I had to guess, I'd say it's around 2k! Overall cool dude! And sweet riffing!

I often hear Bergstrand...I really did not try to sound like him. I just tryed to get an acceptable real played drumsound. The cymbal wich sounds like a splash..IS a splash :) Thanks again for your detailed help, Marcus. I appreciate it a fucking lot!! And I´m glad you like my Riffing!

See ya soon in New York! Some time between 20 - 30. August :D *happy*

Its most powerful feature, the sweep knob, is also the biggest pitfall.

@slash. How is your recording set-up? :D

@slash. How is your recording set-up? :D

For the Rev Jr Pro? As I said, haven't been getting around to record it yet, simply because I usually keep the little beast at our rehearsal space... which is about 100 km away from the studio. :loco:

I probably wouldn't stray to much from my live settings... less gain of course, taming some mids maybe... that's about it. I usually keep the sweep somewhere in between 11 and 1 o' clock... but I do raise the presence to about 1 o' clock, too. That way, I'll have some raw bite without going too crazy on the sweep and losing to much low-end. And a TS in front with zero drive, max volume and tone between 11 and 12 o' clock...

For the Rev Jr Pro? As I said, haven't been getting around to record it yet, simply because I usually keep the little beast at our rehearsal space... which is about 100 km away from the studio. :loco:

I probably wouldn't stray to much from my live settings... less gain of course, taming some mids maybe... that's about it. I usually keep the sweep somewhere in between 11 and 1 o' clock... but I do raise the presence to about 1 o' clock, too. That way, I'll have some raw bite without going too crazy on the sweep and losing to much low-end. And a TS in front with zero drive, max volume and tone between 11 and 12 o' clock...

This helps me out very well, dude. I´m on the right way, I think. I used a similar set-up..(except the presence..that is about 10 o´clock) Do you raise the bass section full? Thanks a lot, man :)

Alright man, the drums are really cool (to the music). But i must agree with emdprodukt, snare seems a bit to roomy even for my taste. And as metalistic said kick is maybe a bit to clicky just in association to the snare sound. It all fits good in the overall sound, but for me snare and kick are to far from each other. Means less click on kick, to put it little more backround. Less room on snare to put it little more upfront. More compression on drumgroup could also help. Same for bass wich is still more upfront than kick. It´s always a matter of taste, in the end i think it all have to be more compact. What about OH i always have trouble with ugly fizzy fuck in the hi-end. Any de-essing or notch or nothing special at all. Or just good mics... hahaha

PS: what drumsamples do you usually use?

This is some fucking sweet production.
Took a moment to adjust to the character of the rhythm guitars, but when I did I was like OH WAIT THIS SHIT IS FUCKING TITS

Fucking SICKENING lead palying too Felix, goes without saying. Really good shit dude, seriously good.

Double post syndrome

This snare is like having a triple cunted hooker stick her hands in my boxers.
HOLY SHIT ITS GOOD

THANKS SO MUCH, DUDES!!! :) I´m very glad, you dig it@xRated & @Metalmiller!! I´m still confused, because the Krank works well in the mix...(although the single track sounds weird)! Anyway...to the drums:

I used a Pearl Export with Sabian Ride, Sabian HH, Paiste crash/splash. The 3 toms and the overheads are not replaced. For the kick I used the Andy Sneap Kick and for the snare a self recorded Tama superstar snare (recorded with a sm57 & tlm103 bottom). Though I combined the replaced elements with the overhead signal(especially for ghost note issues) I used the samson 7kit, the tlm103 & sm57 = 9 tracks with a Mackie Onyx 1640 firewire compatible mixing console in a PC.

I will take your tips and opinions into account, dudes. Again..Thank you very much for the time, the words and compliments!! It´s good to hear that and it is highly appreciated :)

I often hear Bergstrand...I really did not try to sound like him. I just tryed to get an acceptable real played drumsound. The cymbal wich sounds like a splash..IS a splash :) Thanks again for your detailed help, Marcus. I appreciate it a fucking lot!! And I´m glad you like my Riffing!

See ya soon in New York! Some time between 20 - 30. August :D *happy

:headbang::headbang::headbang: I gotta say, though, I'm really not a fan of the splash for anything except fills; it just sounds weird to me when it's the main cymbal for keeping the beat, I prefer hi-hat/crash/ride (but that's just personal preference)

:headbang::headbang::headbang: I gotta say, though, I'm really not a fan of the splash for anything except fills; it just sounds weird to me when it's the main cymbal for keeping the beat, I prefer hi-hat/crash/ride (but that's just personal preference)

Haha okay, dude :) It´s that kind of splash wich is nearly a crash..matter of taste to use it for that, I think. Better than a gong :lol: