My Drumsolo - what do you think about it?

Man I said it before but ill say it again, that Samson pack SMOKES! The drum solo kick with the ambience sounds a lot like the Black album kick, if you have ever heard the multi tracks of it. The solo'd kick processed sounds really fucking good too! If I didn't know better id think it was a D6 or something in there.

Man I said it before but ill say it again, that Samson pack SMOKES! The drum solo kick with the ambience sounds a lot like the Black album kick, if you have ever heard the multi tracks of it. The solo'd kick processed sounds really fucking good too! If I didn't know better id think it was a D6 or something in there.

Yes sir, the samson 7kit is awesome!! Especially the Kickdrum mic. I think, I can improve my overall drumsound with a pair of rode overheads, but for the kick I´ve made my bed..and this is awesome and unbefuckinglievable for this price. The first two TOMS are miced with samson as well btw. This also spends a satisfactory result for me. I certainly had listen to those raw Metallica drumclips detailed as fuck.

Yes sir, the samson 7kit is awesome!! Especially the Kickdrum mic. I think, I can improve my overall drumsound with a pair of rode overheads, but for the kick I´ve made my bed..and this is awesome and unbefuckinglievable for this price. The first two TOMS are miced with samson as well btw. This also spends a satisfactory result for me. I certainly had listen to those raw Metallica drumclips detailed as fuck.

You using the Samson OH mics too? I think there is another Samson pack 9kit or something?

Aye a pair of Rode NT5's I think everybody digs!

You use a AMB mic? If not, I think that could really pull the drums together!

You using the Samson OH mics too? I think there is another Samson pack 9kit or something?

Aye a pair of Rode NT5's I think everybody digs!

You use a AMB mic? If not, I think that could really pull the drums together!

Yes, I use the samson OHs, but I´ll sell it in the next time. NT5´s are the right way! What exactly is an AMB mic? Never heard about it :)

One thing about the NT5's though, I've heard they're really loud and can be prone to clipping - maybe check out the Oktava MK012's or even better Shure SM81's!

Ambient mic? :)

I guess you could get away with a Rode NT1-A or something a few feet in front of the kit, then mix it under :)

Okay dude, thanks for the recommendation :) I will check this out!

One thing about the NT5's though, I've heard they're really loud and can be prone to clipping - maybe check out the Oktava MK012's or even better Shure SM81's!

I will check some different kind of OH anyway, so I will take your tipps into account, Marcus. So far I heared some good opinions about the rode NT5´s..but I will check this out with caution :)

@Nukular, you´re welcome!