NEVERMORE FANS!!! Rate my song/mix/master(Jvm205/Mesa4x12/Krank)

Hey Felix, sounds great man - one thing though, where you say "my blood, begins to sting (?)," in the first prechorus, the intonation is a bit off; I know it's hard as hell, cuz I'm no singer, but maybe Autotune would be a good investment ;) Also, the way you say "blood" is a bit goofy sounding to me :lol: I LOVE the delay in the second verb, and the interval jump on "evER," and the way you sing "death" is cool, though maybe just a tad over-the-top :D And I love the way you sing the chorus ("One Million Feed"), tons of awesome power behind it! So what are you gonna do with that other singer you were auditioning?

Hello Marcus :) Thanks so much for your time and your constructive critics!!

First of all...I know, that I walk on a thin line near ridiculousness. My girlfriend for example...she laughed at me :lol: "Much too theatrical" is her brutal conclusion. But I try to entertain..the most important thing for me is "don´t be boring"! Fact is: You´re damn right..exactly this elements where you point on, brings also me to laugh :) "blood" sounds a bit pseud brutal. This "Death" thing at 2:24...hahaha I know this is a venture.

And you´re right with this intonation issue..damn you :) I have to fix this!! Aaaargh!

So what are you gonna do with that other singer you were auditioning?

This is the question of the month for me :) He still do not know, what I did. He will get his second chance in the studio and I will try to motivate him until he clashes boundary!! If he fail, I have a reinsurance. Never again stagnation!!

Haha, yeah, the biggest reason I can't stand Warrel Dane is because he sounds like he just stepped off a Broadway stage to me :lol: Then again, so does Matt Barlow, but I fucking LOVE his voice (probably because he doesn't whine :Smug: ) But yeah, I really dig it dude, those two things I mentioned are the only ones where I think it was a bit too much, otherwise I dig!

@slash Hab den letzten Satz nicht ganz verstanden auf englisch..was genau meinste? Vielleicht versteh ich´s auf Deutsch :)

Oh, ich wollte nur sagen, dass der ruhige Teil mit dem cleanen/akustischem picking sehr nach Nevermore klingt... und dass du, bevor du es schaffst dass Wally (= Warrel Dane) in deiner Band singt, keine Angst haben brauchst, dass selber zu machen! ;)

Und so'n bisschen Theatralik schadet nicht, solange es nicht allzu aufgesetzt wirkt.

Bei Warrel ist das perfekt! Mein Held... :worship:

I thought I recognised this kinda tone, listen to Darkane's "Contaminated" then this :p

What do you mean exactly -The guitar tone? I don´t know this Darkane record :)

Haha, yeah, the biggest reason I can't stand Warrel Dane is because he sounds like he just stepped off a Broadway stage to me Then again, so does Matt Barlow, but I fucking LOVE his voice (probably because he doesn't whine ) But yeah, I really dig it dude, those two things I mentioned are the only ones where I think it was a bit too much, otherwise I dig!

I also totaly dig the Evergrey singer Tom Englund a lot..This Roughness and feeling in his voice is awesome!! I think, I´ll soon start a thread with poll about singers :kickass: Would be interesting to discuss about!

Yeah, for the most part I dig Tom Englund as well, though he occasionally can get too melodramatic as well :D But I still like him way more than Warrel! :heh:

Oh, ich wollte nur sagen, dass der ruhige Teil mit dem cleanen/akustischem picking sehr nach Nevermore klingt... und dass du, bevor du es schaffst dass Wally (= Warrel Dane) in deiner Band singt, keine Angst haben brauchst, dass selber zu machen! ;)

Und so'n bisschen Theatralik schadet nicht, solange es nicht allzu aufgesetzt wirkt.

Bei Warrel ist das perfekt! Mein Held... :worship:

Hahahaha ich Held hab "WALLY" wörtlich übersetzt bei Google und hab daher den Zusammenhang nicht geblickt..welch Ironie, denn ich fühl mich grad als wally = Vollidiot :lol: Vielen Dank für deine Worte, Mann!!

Yeah, for the most part I dig Tom Englund as well, though he occasionally can get too melodramatic as well :D But I still like him way more than Warrel! :heh:

This feels almost like a personal insult to me, bro. :lol:

Hahahaha ich Held hab "WALLY" wörtlich übersetzt bei Google und hab daher den Zusammenhang nicht geblickt..welch Ironie, denn ich fühl mich grad als wally = Vollidiot :lol:

Hahaha... nich schlecht. Lass nur, ich nehm das auf meine Kappe. ;)

Hahaha I have noticed..you are not the biggest Warrel fan, Marcus :D I just imagine a Blues Band with Warrel Dane as a lead singer :lol: I think you´d die in cause of ear cancer or something..hahahahaha

Felix my friend, this is the shit! I really like this song. It's doomy and nevemory just the way I like it!

Just one thing though! In the second verse( In the middle of the song... crushed without..). The word after without is wailed a bit to strange I think. Or is it an autotuner working the shit? Maybe change that.

Awesome work!

Felix my friend, this is the shit! I really like this song. It's doomy and nevemory just the way I like it!

Just one thing though! In the second verse( In the middle of the song... crushed without..). The word after without is wailed a bit to strange I think. Or is it an autotuner working the shit? Maybe change that.

Awesome work!

Thanks so much, Ola :kickass: I appreciate it a lot!

You mean this "Crushed with arms of Deaiaiaiaith" thing :lol: It´s no autotune workin on it..I tryed to sound a bit orientalic, I know this is a venture! Maybe I also make a non theatralic version :) I´m still in search of my personal singstyle so I experimented a lot on this song.

Thanks so much, Ola :kickass: I appreciate it a lot!

You mean this "Crushed with arms of Deaiaiaiaith" thing :lol: It´s no autotune workin on it..I tryed to sound a bit orientalic, I know this is a venture! Maybe I also make a non theatralic version :) I´m still in search of my personal singstyle so I experimented a lot on this song.

dude, you're totally getting there!

Hahaha I have noticed..you are not the biggest Warrel fan, Marcus :D I just imagine a Blues Band with Warrel Dane as a lead singer :lol: I think you´d die in cause of ear cancer or something..hahahahaha

Hahahaha, and if it had hardcore breakdowns, it might be so unbelievably horrible that it'd end up being good!

Actually, scratch that, it'd kill me... :lol:

Felix, I sent you a PM but just wanted to say again ... GREAT FUCKING JOB man! This sounds killer, now we just need 9 more like this ;)

I will only give this one small critique. The end of the 1st verse(?) where you say "place of a million stones" (???) ... when you say the word "stones" the extra "H" sound is a bit overdone sounding. You say something like "sto-Hones" ... take that "h" sound out of there and just do the note transition in the word the same way

that would be the ONLY thing I could say to make that part sound better. Other than that, again, great job! Now start working on the next tune :D