NEVERMORE FANS!!! Rate my song/mix/master(Jvm205/Mesa4x12/Krank)

Felix Neumann

Sep 14, 2008
Germany
www.youtube.com
I promise...This will be the last thread about this song!! I fear..some people could become annoyed about it and start to roll with eyes :erk:

..BUT I finsihed it finally and I´m proud like hell!! Please tell me, if all is good embedded..is all okay with the mix? Should I let someone master or is the overall sond good enough in your opinion?

I used 4 guitar tracks, the main two are the Marshall JVM and 60 right is a V-amp pro and 60 left is a Krank revolution track. But the mainsound is Marshall over a Mesa rectifier 4x12.

I performed and singed all, except the left Krank revolution jr. track, my good mate Robin Mayer played rythm with a EMG85 with it.

Here we go:

One million feed (finished)

The song is about fucking slavery! What do you think about it?

Greetings,

Felix Neumann

Diggin' this a lot Felix. Very cool! You have a really good voice dude! Everything sounds pretty awesome to me. Nice riffage, fitting tone, cool vocals, sick playing!

-Joe

I'd probably rework the kick though. It's a bit too thin/quiet sounding to me! I love that clean/acoustic break though.

-Joe

I'd probably rework the kick though. It's a bit too thin/quiet sounding to me! I love that clean/acoustic break though.

-Joe

Alright dude...I choosed this kick, because of the doublebass rolls after the refrain. But You´re right, for the most parts the kick is not optimal. Too thin, like you said. Thanks again, Joe!

Sweet tune dude! Very Death esque on the tremolo picking parts, is that SSD3.0?

Thank you very much, dude :) Now I need clarity...what is SSD3.0 ?

I'm diggin' it. The guitar tone isn't quite my cup of tea, but that's just personal preference. Good work!

Thanks a fucking lot, jhakwe !! :kickass: I know, Marshall is not everybody´s cup of tea at this times.

well done Felix you got a good voice
I'd rise rise the kick on the fast part, it's too buried

Kaoamo, it´s very pleasent to hear that. Thanks :)

Okay, I fear you´re right with it..I dropped the doublebass too much at this part. I will take this into account for the final sanding!

Awesome man, just awesome!! Tones, performance... very solid vocals, they could even be a bit higher at parts IMO.

The part with the acoustic picking is very Nevermore-esque... So yeah, until you get Wally to sing in your band, you're doing a good job! :lol:

Awesome man, just awesome!! Tones, performance... very solid vocals, they could even be a bit higher at parts IMO.

The part with the acoustic picking is very Nevermore-esque... So yeah, until you get Wally to sing in your band, you're doing a good job! :lol:

Thank you very, very much, dude!! :kickass:

@slash Hab den letzten Satz nicht ganz verstanden auf englisch..was genau meinste? Vielleicht versteh ich´s auf Deutsch :)

Hey Felix, sounds great man - one thing though, where you say "my blood, begins to sting (?)," in the first prechorus, the intonation is a bit off; I know it's hard as hell, cuz I'm no singer, but maybe Autotune would be a good investment ;) Also, the way you say "blood" is a bit goofy sounding to me :lol: I LOVE the delay in the second verb, and the interval jump on "evER," and the way you sing "death" is cool, though maybe just a tad over-the-top :D And I love the way you sing the chorus ("One Million Feed"), tons of awesome power behind it! So what are you gonna do with that other singer you were auditioning?