KRANKSTERS!!! Check my Revolution Jr. (with Mesa recti 4x12)

Krank = FTW

It's so damn gnarly! You saved the kickdrum which is really good now and I can't find anything I dislike. You could use a little more gain or get a tube screamer to tighten up the mids a bit!

Maybe your could add some more verb to the snare, it sounds a bit roomy.

God dude, we're just too awesome with our Krank Amps. Haha :)

everything sounds pretty good (at least on these shitty headphones). I would maybe throw a limiter on the bass, just reducing a couple of db, to tame some of that clackiness. Other than that, kudos to you.

Sounds like you've gone for a Bergstrand sound. ;)

not intentionally :)

It's too grainy/fizzy for me, but definitely works in the mix

@Dandelium. This is exactly what I thought as well, as I´d listen to the single guitar track(the right one) But how you say, it works in the mix. Sometimes crappy elements matches so wonderful :lol: The fact, that the right track sounds totally different compared with the left, helps to get a good transparency, I think.

tone is not gainy enough... and its too fizzy/grainy as stated above...

Drums sound pretty good, though... the guitar is a bit too loud to tell, though...

Thanks dude :headbang: I´m very sparingly with gain, that´s true. I recorded the Krank the first time and it was more difficult than recording my JVM205..(don´t ask me why)

Okay..I´m glad you liked the drums!! Thank you!

Krank = FTW

It's so damn gnarly! You saved the kickdrum which is really good now and I can't find anything I dislike. You could use a little more gain or get a tube screamer to tighten up the mids a bit!

Maybe your could add some more verb to the snare, it sounds a bit roomy.

God dude, we're just too awesome with our Krank Amps. Haha :)

Olli, my friend. You saved my day yesterday. It was one of the most crappy days in my fuckin´life :lol: Ray of hope was the fact, that you dig my drumsound..I worked like an egyptian slave on it :zombie:

I take your tips into account for the next recording/mix session. Actually this song will be the last ACT OF RAGE song! I think, it would be good to bring it to a good end.

bit too much lower mids lying around in the mix i feel...... but goddamn i want a Krank now, i love that gnarled guitar tone

@Skeksis. Thank you, man :) This Krank Revolution Jr. is value for money!

Hey Felix, sounds cool dude - actually, I'm amazed how much it sounds like your JVM to be honest! It's got that same sorta quality of old-school death metal tones; I dig it, but it's NOT what I expected from your Krank! I wonder if it's something else in your signal chain that gives both amps such a similar sound IMO...would you mind posting the whole setup? (from guitar to interface). But yeah, the guitar tone is pretty cool for the style (though agreed, it is a bit grainy), though as I said definitely not what I expected!

Anyway, I definitely hear the Bergstrand influence in the snare specifically, though I feel this one has a bit too much snap/air and not enough punch around 1k; if you mic'ed the top and bottom, maybe increasing the top mic would help, or if not, just boosting at 1k to give it more POW!! :lol: The kick is cool, but just a bit too clicky for my tastes, and also could use a bit more body - maybe a slight cut around 4-6k and a boost around 200 Hz (but don't quote me on that) would do the trick! The cymbals sound good, though the hi-hat is a bit loud IMO (and when things get fast, the cymbal you start hitting in the right channel sounds like a splash :zombie: ) Bass is cool, though the attack is a bit too pronounced; if I had to guess, I'd say it's around 2k! Overall cool dude! And sweet riffing! :headbang:

Oh man though, I gotta be honest, I really prefer the V-amp tone from the other thread you posted :erk: Much fuller with more mids IMO!

GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, too much Yngwie in the solo, DO NOT WANT!!! :D Seriously, it gets awesome after you do that ridiculously sweet legato lick at 0:20, but everything before that kinda makes me puke, I hate neo-classical so much :lol: But yeah, after 20 seconds, it all rules! (and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the harmonies at the end at 0:45!). Also, I feel the overall tone could use more gain so the notes sustain better, but it's to your credit as a player that you got it to sound so good with so little gain!

Hey Felix, sounds cool dude - actually, I'm amazed how much it sounds like your JVM to be honest! It's got that same sorta quality of old-school death metal tones; I dig it, but it's NOT what I expected from your Krank! I wonder if it's something else in your signal chain that gives both amps such a similar sound IMO...would you mind posting the whole setup? (from guitar to interface). But yeah, the guitar tone is pretty cool for the style (though agreed, it is a bit grainy), though as I said definitely not what I expected!

Anyway, I definitely hear the Bergstrand influence in the snare specifically, though I feel this one has a bit too much snap/air and not enough punch around 1k; if you mic'ed the top and bottom, maybe increasing the top mic would help, or if not, just boosting at 1k to give it more POW!! :lol: The kick is cool, but just a bit too clicky for my tastes, and also could use a bit more body - maybe a slight cut around 4-6k and a boost around 200 Hz (but don't quote me on that) would do the trick! The cymbals sound good, though the hi-hat is a bit loud IMO (and when things get fast, the cymbal you start hitting in the right channel sounds like a splash :zombie: ) Bass is cool, though the attack is a bit too pronounced; if I had to guess, I'd say it's around 2k! Overall cool dude! And sweet riffing! :headbang:

Oh man though, I gotta be honest, I really prefer the V-amp tone from the other thread you posted :erk: Much fuller with more mids IMO!

Thanks so much, Marcus!!

First of all.....WHAT????!!! This "what" refers to the favoritism of the V-amp.

"The favoritism of the V-amp!" This is tantamount with "Felix, you failed to record your Krank" :lol: But I must admit..I really had problems to get a good recorded sound out of my Krank. Weird, because the angle I used for my JVM did not work with my Krank REV Jr. This could lead to one result. I did not find THE right Krank set-up for recording. It works in the mix, but when I listen to the single Krank signal it sounds not good for me. It was pure despair yesterday!!! Besides from matter of own taste...(I always TRY to let the guitars sound different), the result of the Krank recordings is not satisfactory for me. HELP!

I wonder if it's something else in your signal chain that gives both amps such a similar sound IMO...would you mind posting the whole setup? (from guitar to interface)

Three reasons: I have an idea of a guitar sound (subliminal, I think) and try to realize it with an equalizer (no matter what amp), I always use the same 4x12 and I often use the V-amp pro secondary under the main guitar signals to affect the colour of the tone in a certain way.

I hope this is a satisfactory answer :)