Marshall Test! (JVM/Mesa rectifier 4x12)

However it's just my opinion...

But gladly heared, fellow dragonslayer ;) The missing cohesion, you mentioned, should be the main problem. I really exaggerated the bass sound, but after I listen to it a couple of times (also on different stereos), I know, it has to be tamed for sure!

can't say I like it, but I don't hate it either. If the song will have vocals, the hollowness might actually be a good thing as it gives a lot of room for the singer,

I was actually going to say mention the same thing felix. Ive been wondering if the guitar sound Im using for my ep has too much low end, but I was recording some vocals earlier and found that everything sounds much more in its place now.

Updated clips sound much better! I would stick with what you have now! people will find something they think should change no matter what you do!

tomb of the mutilated bass sound killz! Im going for an up front old school death metal bass tone too! personally I think the bass sounds killer!

I was actually going to say mention the same thing felix. Ive been wondering if the guitar sound Im using for my ep has too much low end, but I was recording some vocals earlier and found that everything sounds much more in its place now.

Updated clips sound much better! I would stick with what you have now! people will find something they think should change no matter what you do!

tomb of the mutilated bass sound killz! Im going for an up front old school death metal bass tone too! personally I think the bass sounds killer!

Good words you speak, dude! :kickass: Thank you very much.

"Tomb of the Mutilated" has been one inspiration for the bass sound for sure. The sound I´m searching for is definitively more oldschool, so I expect some friends of modern metal may have problems with it :lol: But that is factored. The only thing I will try yet, is to let the bass and guitars merge into another a bit more and get a more powerful sound. The basic idea of my sound is created already! It´s just a matter of details.

Feel free to update me about your bass tone plans, beyond dead. I´m corious about it!

Guitars: I think some more gain and a bit more of lowend will help the overall sound.
Bass: it's cutting too much imo, bass players must be buried in the mix, it is a rule lol ;) kidding. I think just remove some of those mids and that "clong" sound from the bass and you're done.
Not bad at all anyway Felix!!!!!!!

cheers

Guitars: I think some more gain and a bit more of lowend will help the overall sound.
Bass: it's cutting too much imo, bass players must be buried in the mix, it is a rule lol ;) kidding. I think just remove some of those mids and that "clong" sound from the bass and you're done.
Not bad at all anyway Felix!!!!!!!

cheers

Thanks Maurizio :kickass: it´s good to hear that!

Haha yeah..that percussive "clong" is exactly what I wanted actually, but this should be tamed a little bit and then it´d be okay, I think. I really love mixes where the bass is significantly hearable. Maybe someday I´ll produce an album only with bass tracks without using any guitars :lol: Now I AM kidding.

Thanks Maurizio :kickass: it´s good to hear that!

Haha yeah..that percussive "clong" is exactly what I wanted actually, but this should be tamed a little bit and then it´d be okay, I think. I really love mixes where the bass is significantly hearable. Maybe someday I´ll produce an album only with bass tracks without using any guitars :lol: Now I AM kidding.

If you were aiming at that sound for the bass, then leave it.
but I hink more gain to the guitars will help a lot ;)

If you were aiming at that sound for the bass, then leave it.
but I hink more gain to the guitars will help a lot ;)

Yeah I´ll try this, dude. Thanks for your help! I think, this sound is a matter of taste. I cannot please everybody with my sound, but I don´t wanna annoy people with my shit :lol: In the end it must be a quality thing.

What gear did you use for your solo on The world has moved...? This sounds amazing.

Sorry I missed this one Felix!

I honestly can't remember, but it sounds like PODfarm to me! If it wasnt PODfarm it must have been my dual rec through my old Mesa cab but it dosen't sound like it.

If I remember for sure ill post back :)

Sorry I missed this one Felix!

I honestly can't remember, but it sounds like PODfarm to me! If it wasnt PODfarm it must have been my dual rec through my old Mesa cab but it dosen't sound like it.

If I remember for sure ill post back :)

No problem, my friend. I think you mentioned, it was podfarm..(but I´m not sure, if you meant Gunslinger´s Ka) Anyway...this was an awesome lead sound! :worship:

I find myself diggin this raw guitar sound, suits the riffing very well :)

I like the freshness in it because it hasn't been overly abused...yet, heh!

I also like the bass to be heard as well felt, but this time the clang is abit over the top,
and I don't feel the bass nearly enough in the mix.

I'd reduce the vol. of the bass just abit, (keeping the clang but not stealing the show)
and try adding some 4 db's around 70hz for additional lowend on the whole mix to get the socks rolling.

I like the kick alot, but the snare sounds kinda lazy, don't feel like the drummer/SSD is hitting it enough,
so perhaps some more compression there? Anyways, this riff needs a different & bigger snare + way more room imo.

Actually it might be just the Lars Ulrich signature beat that makes the drums sound abit dull.

But this was about guitars, and I think you managed to get quite an original tone here, good work! :headbang:

I find myself diggin this raw guitar sound, suits the riffing very well :)

I like the freshness in it because it hasn't been overly abused...yet, heh!

I also like the bass to be heard as well felt, but this time the clang is abit over the top,
and I don't feel the bass nearly enough in the mix.

I'd reduce the vol. of the bass just abit, (keeping the clang but not stealing the show)
and try adding some 4 db's around 70hz for additional lowend on the whole mix to get the socks rolling.

I like the kick alot, but the snare sounds kinda lazy, don't feel like the drummer/SSD is hitting it enough,
so perhaps some more compression there? Anyways, this riff needs a different & bigger snare + way more room imo.

Actually it might be just the Lars Ulrich signature beat that makes the drums sound abit dull.

Thank you very much for the detailed analysis and the time you have spent, dude :kickass: I think, you are right! I don´t wanna loose the clang, but a bit more 70hz should be good, I agree. Oh yeah, the snare is another construction zone, I´ll keep your words into account.

But this was about guitars, and I think you managed to get quite an original tone here, good work!

And this is very good to hear! :) Thanks so much!