Fake $3000 guitars from china for 1/20 the price?

Djentkitty

May 23, 2011
Hey guys,

I've come across a Chinese "eBay", where these guys supposedly sell top-end guitars worth up to $2000-$3000 for (literally) less than 1/10 of that price. Quality won't be anywhere as near as the "real thing", no shyt.

Caught my attention when I saw an Ibanez Steve Vai sig for $150. Basswood on this one, I know. I've seen some with Alder(fake alder too? guitar actually made from cheap plastic?). And some aspects of these guitars look stupidly cheap.

They also have some esp eclipse's on there, zakk wylde sigs etc..

What do you guy's think? Would you ever buy a Chinese guitar that looks almost legit for dirt cheap? Think it would be a good idea? Know any other site that sells good quality fakes? haha XD

There are guys on youtube who buy chinese copies off that site and review them, usually it comes down to them being either:
A. Junk
or
B. Not too bad but will need some work.

No matter what it's a gamble, though you aren't gambling with a whole lot of money so idk do it if you want to?

There's an ethical implication to this too, don't forget. You shouldn't even consider supporting these fraudsters, and just buy a lower-end model from the companies they're counterfeiting.

There's an ethical implication to this too, don't forget. You shouldn't even consider supporting these fraudsters, and just buy a lower-end model from the companies they're counterfeiting.
+1

also this guitar shown above doesnt even look great.. take a closer look at the fretboard and stuff like that.. bah..

in most cases, if you buy cheap you buy twice.. i would not even take such a guitar for free as it would just fill up my space here and most likely i would not ever play it and even the money i put on a set of of new strings would be not worth it.. if you are short on cash, its even more important that you invest for something that actually plays and sounds good.. and if money is not a deal, then there is absolutly no reason not to buy a great "original" guitar

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Whol...raph-of-EMS-free-shipping/1502667330.html?s=p

"Made in USA"

I knew this website, because they sell absolutely anything you would usually buy on eBay anyway from hong kong and asia (plastic things, batteries and things). I had no idea about this whole market. The worst is... those guitars don't look so bad. Not like chinese copies I used to try to avoid 10 years ago on eBay. Those look like they are cheap, but worth their price. That is puzzling.