Maybe looking for a new guitar...help

This has literally nothing to do with what I said?

Holy shit I had a brain fart...wow ok I get it. You do have a point too. My bad :lol:

Anybody with decent acquired taste for guitars vouch for the Chinese LTDs? When you look up reviews for all LTD line guitars the reviews are from noobs that are like, "this is my second guitar I have only been playing for two years but this guitar is the greatest for shredding and playing Metallica" or you get the "this piece of shit fell apart as soon as I got it". Nothing useful by any means.

I'd like to know the real stuff, does the wood resonate well, its the craftsmanship good, are models consistent in quality, do they fall apart after a few years etc.

Yeah I was just saying that alder doesn't really sound bad as a wood to me (Strat and Tele are my main gtrs) and that since it's neck-thru the alder won't be influencing things hugely anyways. I wouldn't discount a guitar just because of that as a result, whereas (personally) I'd discount a guitar just for having a neck-thru joint, regardless of wood.