"Fake" People Online Thread

Cryptor

Cobber Mc Friendly
Mar 20, 2005
Central Coast, NSW
Anyone ever have imposters trying to talk to them online? I've always found people who make fake profiles on forums/myspace/chat channels, etc, etc, to be pretty pathetic and people that have completely waaaayyy too much time on their hands.

A couple of friends and I had one pestering us recently who we all believed to be an actual person. After a bit of investigation, we found out it was a fake as well as finding out who was behind it. Someone a lot of us know, but I'm not going to go make claims and lay blame on a public forum.

Basically in this thread, I want to hear stories of anyone else's stories of similar fiction.

And to finish off my post, a bulletin I recently posted on myspace after this person finally deleted the fake page and "hopefully" finally woke up to themselves:

A Certain "Person" Deleted Their Myspace Page...

Well after months of a tireless charade, a certain "epidemic" that was also known as an outbreak of deadly disease in China, has decided to finally quit, realising the vast amount of time they have to waste can no longer be exhausted into such a needless endeavour.

This imposter who also went under the pseudonym of a name of five characters has finally purged the world of its existence, leaving many of us exultant in its wake.

The best thing about this bulletin is that its instigator is too obtuse and imperceptive to decipher this dispatch and will most likely carry on their despondent and dismal subsistence throughout the remainder of their years none-the-wiser.

Here's to you, masked villain!

Post away!

I would be willing to put money on it that you have at least one fake account by that same I-shall-not-speak-her-name-but-description-is-she's-a-slag person on your MySpace list. They had about 8 that I knew of before I stopped counting. That's not taking into consideration fake forum, last.fm and DeviantArt accounts either of which I know there's a few, and quite likely many more than I'm aware of.

Man the stories I could tell in here.... the short version of my "worst" one, I had a certain former friend of mine create a fake msn account to try and catch me "cheating" on Jess. I talked to this mystery person for all of about 2 minutes, realised they weren't who they claimed and ended the convo

The next day Jess was sent an extremely explicit "chat log" of a conversation that I had apparently with this person. This was quickly followed up by a phone call from said person the next day when the true identity was revealed. Their reasoning for what they did "oh we don't want to break you up... just wanted you to know"

Keep in mind, this was done two days after our engagement party as well

a certain "epidemic" that was also known as an outbreak of deadly disease in China

I think I just worked out who it is :lol:

I would again suggest my first guess wasn't too far off the mark either as the two are known to fly their broomsticks in close proximity to each other and were quite likely both in on it.

I think I just worked out who it is :lol:

I would again suggest my first guess wasn't too far off the mark either as the two are known to fly their broomsticks in close proximity to each other and were quite likely both in on it.

I think the wtwo had a falling out (of the sky) though. So, no more.

"Easy like sunday moooooorniiiiiing."