Fall 2012 North American tour

pere

Feral falcon
Dec 4, 2011
Finland
I haven't seen this reported here or anywhere else on the NW forums in English, so I thought I might as well do it:

The Finnish tabloid Iltalehti has (again) been doing its thing, concocting dramatic headlines with close-to-zero content, this time about The Heart Asks Pleasure First and Michael Nyman's initial rejection regarding it, but as a tidbid on the side, Holopainen reveals in the interview something you guys might be interested to know - NW is planning a five-week US tour starting next September or October and also including a couple of gigs in Canada. No further details, that's all he says (or the paper writes).

In the end, there's another perhaps interesting bit of information; H says that he felt really surreal about the no. 27 position on the Billboard chart and continues that NW's record sales in the US differ from many other countries, including Finland, in that over there the sales keep up more evenly over a longer period of time whereas here they ebb very quickly, in a few weeks, after the initial rush.

Here link to the article: http://www.iltalehti.fi/popstars/2012020715173775_ps.shtml

Oops, I guess I should've read your interview more carefully then - sorry for double posting. But at least it's a confirmation of sorts (to the extent you can trust anything a tabloid prints, that is...).

Bah :loco: I was hoping for August to get the nice warm weather. But they'll likely start on the East coast, so the NYC show should still happen in time to not freeze to death while walking around the city.

I'm glad to hear the good news!
I hope they don't leave us Canadians disappointed, cause I've been dying to see them for the longest time.
I hope that one of their Canadian dates is Toronto! :)

Welcome to the board! :wave: Always happy to see our Canadian friends here! :)

We asked Tuomas in our interview with the OSA site if North America was on the tour list, and he said "sometime in the fall". He did not specify U.S. or Canada, but we said "North America", so I take it to mean this included Canada too. (Because we're the *North American* fan club, we represent Canada and Mexico as well as the U.S.)

They did a vague outline of a US tour starting around September 12th with two shows in Atlanta, Georgia..heading north to NY around the north, west, south then ending in Orlando, FL in mid October.... I am attempting to wait patiently for the official list of confirmed venues and dates!! This is killing me!
http://www.metalfromfinland.com/news/2012-02-27_08:01/nightwish__north_american_tour_with_kamelot_confirmed

If Boston, NYC, Houston are on their list, then I'm so there. Hell, I may even try for Atlanta.

That bravewords thing was never confirmed by either band though... At least not that I have heard... Nightwish and Kamelot do get along, and a combo show would be the stuff of dreams, improved only by Apocalyptica tagging along also. :lol: But I wouldn't place much hope in it. Both bands are usually good about posting things like that on their pages so that everyone knows it's for real. And I haven't seen any confirmation of that combo tour on either band's page.