Fall of the Leafe improves dramatically . . . on par with Katatonia, Amorphis, etc.

Nate The Great

What would Nathan do?
May 10, 2002
www.ultimatemetal.com
I used to think Fall of the Leafe was a wanna-be modern Paradise Lost, Katatonia, Amorphis, or Anathema.

But NO MORE. Their new album 'Vantage' is just GLORIUS!

If you've never heard them, don't mess around with older albums. On 'Vantage' they've successfully put themselves in the same league as Katatonia, Amorphis, Anathema, Paradise Lost, A Perfect Circle, etc.

I'm a huge fan of all those bands, so I'm not going to say they're better than any of those, but they're definitely able to compete.

http://www.falloftheleafe.com/

Some might say the samples I provided are too much like some of the above mentioned, but hearing the entire album is really impressive. The song writing, riffing, etc. has just REALLY progressed to near perfection for this style of music.

Sorry for the WMA's. That's what I have everything ripped to. Oh . . . and this is the first time I've used YouSendIt, so I hope it worked.

The Fresca

But the Ghosts Here

Morning Works

They get mellow like modern Anathema at times, but I've provided some slightly more ear-candy type of songs.

I probably should have saved this for a recommendation thread, but I figured enough people have heard of these guys.

This album is a serious 9/10.

Also . . . if you liked the latest Wolverine, check this out. Some amazing vocals on this.

When you're ready to buy it, The End has it for $11.49.
http://shopping.theendrecords.com/s.nl/sc.10/category.31/it.A/id.11720/.f

By the way, re: new Katatonia....

Listened to this finally and it definitely sounds more "involved" than Viva, but at times it becomes a total snoozefest. I've only listened to it once though so it's waaaay too early to tell. Sounds a lot darker.

I think it's going to take a few spins (whereas Viva was pretty immediate and catchy).

I'll check out these samples later on when I'm no longer at work.. but I'm totally interested in hearing them. I heard some of their older stuff a few years ago because some people were raving about them.. and well, they never did do much for me, but the stuff was "almost" good.

Chromatose said:
and well, they never did do much for me, but the stuff was "almost" good.

That's pretty much what I thought before hearing this album.

There's no trolls or wizards on this album, so some people around here probably won't want to check out those samples.:loco:

hmmm...sounds like i could either love it or hate it

stupid work, i spend all day on the computer and i can't listen to this stuff, i wanna hear it but the last thing i wanna do when i get home is get on again :yell:

I liked their last one as well, tbh. I'm pretty sure I have a review of it in the reviews forum.

General Zod said:
This disc is OK, but nothing special. Every melody the singer sings sounds just like the previous one. There's not a song on this disc I ever need to hear again.

Zod

I'm assuming you'd say the same thing about Dicouraged Ones or Tonight's Decision.