Fallujah - Sapphire (Full Cover)(Includes Mixing Stems)

Jun 26, 2009
New Jersey
Hey all,

Just finished my cover of Fallujah's "Sapphire". I don't think I've ever spent so much time on one song in my life and it completely kicked my ass between doing it and working my regular job. I've included the mixing stems in the description of the video, be sure to read the readme file inside of it.

If you enjoyed the video, please give me some love by subscribing, commenting and all that jazz. I have more songs I want to cover as well as some new Avalerion I plan to put out very soon so any and all motivation helps.

Enjoy!

Huge oversight on my part, forgot to include the drum midi (it exported as a .wav file). There's a separate link in the description with the download now. Sorry!

Thank you so much for the mixing stems man, you did an amazing cover.
Here's my try:

Last edited:
These stems are so well-recorded! Thanks for the work.

I don't do much music production these days, actually it's been a few months since I last mixed something, but my friend got me myped up for these multitracks, so I gave them a shot. Tell me what you think!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/x1i1dr3dcnu30h2/Sapphire Mix Render 2.mp3?dl=0

Drums are Steven Slate Drums and guitars are Axe-Fx. Bass i TSE BOD going through an Ampeg SVT 810 IR.

Haven't logged on here in a while. These files are top notch!
One of my favorite bands. Couldn't smash the master -2db rms like the original though.

Absolutely amazing recording, and playing sir. I have been meaning to try my hand at this mix, but just got around to it. I specifically aimed for a "cleaner" mix, but feel like I may have gone too bright. Also did a quick master by ear, and didn't realize how brickwall-ed it became (maybe because of the lack of lower-mid content?).

Edit: Listening outside my room, my low end exploded somewhere.

Last edited:
Absolutely amazing recording, and playing sir. I have been meaning to try my hand at this mix, but just got around to it. I specifically aimed for a "cleaner" mix, but feel like I may have gone too bright. Also did a quick master by ear, and didn't realize how brickwall-ed it became (maybe because of the lack of lower-mid content?).

Edit: Listening outside my room, my low end exploded somewhere.

Sounds kinda muffled to my ears.