family tree/crest/coat of arms search

I ment on the internet you goon. Simply using google just tells you places you can buy info and family crests but not actually showing it to you first, and shows up with other family's family trees that happen to have someone with the same last name in there somewhere.

:lol:, that was quick.

That makes four different pictures/discriptions of the 'Forster' crest I have come across, and I can't belong to all of them! I think research is required for which clan I came from etc. Ugg. Why can't someone else in my family have been interested enough to do a family tree.

:)

Someone with the same last name as me jumped ship when the First Fleet pulled up :) I'm not convinced that a ship-jumping convict could have lived long enough or had enough children for me to be related to. Unless he already had kids and all before he stole his bread or whatever.

:lol:

Mine is frustrating, in this one sitting I haven't been able to find dick about it, except that Ferdinand Forster (one of the first or something) from Northumberland (where we come from according to this story) was killed in a drunken bar fight over property. :lol:

This was his crest, and is the only other one I have come across so far, but have read descriptions of two other different ones again.

ianarms.jpg

:lol:

This one is from the site Terry posted (which is actually one of the better sites I have come across tonight) and fits the description I read on another site, and says it is from Northumberland, which is what the other one says.

coatofarms_details.asp

""Hunter Blow They Horn""

What a pussy motto. :lol:

phlogiston said:
:)

Someone with the same last name as me jumped ship when the First Fleet pulled up :) I'm not convinced that a ship-jumping convict could have lived long enough or had enough children for me to be related to. Unless he already had kids and all before he stole his bread or whatever.
My realative is most likely the one who sent him here!

The only way to find the right coat of arms for your family is to trace it back as far as you can. Then you can determine which arm of the family you originate from; when coats of arms were the thing, each member of the family or generation would adopt their own take on the original so they all ended up being a bit different from each other.

Some stupid relations of mine have created a new coat of arms to celebrate their wedding.

The dragon and the white rose.

I dunno why he chose a white rose:err: