Fansite

BiteTheBullet

Blown Out The Candle
Jun 27, 2011
Hello everyone :)

I have been searching quite a while for children of bodom fansites and couldn´t find any still active ones yet. I used the forum search to find some but it seems they all got inactive. If I might be wrong then please inform me :)

My question to you guys :

would you like a new fansite to be released and do you think it would be worth releasing it ? :)

I got a little photo of what I came up with some time ago maybe you could share your opinions with a short comment / feedback.

In case you didn´t like it I am sorry to have bothered you.

greetings :)

2.jpg

There was Scythes Of Bodom long ago, but I don't see the point of making fan sites that offer nothing special. Only if it had the contribution of bright people and the most HC fans then something nice could possibly be made, but I see no point, everything's right here. I was thinking about this interesting project of making a time-machine-sort-of fansite where you choose an album artwork theme by click and change the whole theme corresponding to that time period and have all interesting stuff available from that period, but not worth the effort.

Dude, SOB had this feature to change themes^^

If somebody want's to do a fanpage, why not. But I do also think that it's a waste of time. If it isn't as good as SOB was, it' senseless. The murder archives were awesome!

Dude, SOB had this feature to change themes^^

Yeah it did but I meant everything changes you have interviews, live vids and tour info and pics and everything from that era. But it would basically be the same info just organized differently.

Maybe if they returned to the roots with the music it would be more motivating. The old stuff is also quite scarce and difficult to obtain, also the gigs weren't recorded like these days.

Stuff like videos of FTR songs played live first time ever would be gems. Or any songs of any album for that matter.

I think it's not necessary. Every little bit of news or even non-news can be found on this forum.
And the band knowledge here is pretty good as well.

SOB was a really good site with tons of info, but it's nothing I couldn't find anywhere else. Or just ask here.

It's not Children of Bodom, but I run the only active Sinergy fansite, only as a place for fans to download things from and to give them any news on what was happening with the band's fourth album. Even though that last reason no longer matters, I still keep it as a repository for Sinergy fans old and new to ask questions or grab some videos and such... Which reminds me, I still need to transcribe an interview someone sent in.

I don't put in much effort and sometimes I forget that I even created it and forget to update it for long periods of time. Just telling you from someone experienced with running a fansite, as crap as their site may be.

I feel a fansite would be great, maybe have a membership fee, and offer special services for the members. I hope Bodom makes one. =]