Russian (!) DT Fansite =O

^ I get a bunch of ????????

LeoNer said:
Arch, everything works, may be linux sux?
The Cyrillic text works now. The first wallpaper still doesn't work. And it's also polite to ask permission from the author/copyright holder of the live pictures you took from the live concert pictures to be used on your website. :)

Nt3N said:
it's not linux!! i have linux on my own webserver and it's much more stable than any windows-powered system! go, linux. go!

How long have you been working with a "Windows powered" server?

Linux is overrated, as any other system being considered better than another, each OS has it's pluses and downsides. All that matters is where the arms of the server administrator's grow from (shoulders or the arse).

Lets' wait for the Longhorn :cool:

@LeoNer: Maybe I wasn't too clear on what I said earlier. I'm extremely flattered that you used my pictures on your photos page on your website, instead of many live shots of Dark Tranquillity taken by various photographers who are 1,000,000x better than myself. However, I do appreciate that you would notify me about using the pictures on your website beforehand and you don't even have to credit me if you don't want to. I am very liberal in letting people use my stuff, but I need to know before you publish it, because I need to protect myself from lawsuits that may arise from anyone stealing my stuff and using it in a bad context. I'm sure there are photographers and publishers out there that feels the way I do.

Gtranquillity said:
@Arch: I agree with you - it's not for nothing that I have a "copyright info" button on the pictures section
Do you mind if I steal the exact words on your "copyright info" page? :)

plintus said:
How long have you been working with a "Windows powered" server?

Linux is overrated, as any other system being considered better than another, each OS has it's pluses and downsides. All that matters is where the arms of the server administrator's grow from (shoulders or the arse).

Lets' wait for the Longhorn :cool:
personally i have never worked with it, but i have a very close friend who has... and he had lots of problems about stability of the server... as soon as he swapped to a linux-hosting server, those problems magically disappeared..

for web-hosting, linux rulez... :worship:

Nt3N said:
personally i have never worked with it, but i have a very close friend who has... and he had lots of problems about stability of the server... as soon as he swapped to a linux-hosting server, those problems magically disappeared..

for web-hosting, linux rulez... :worship:

Linux + Apache 2, that is. :p