FArenheit 9/11

No offense, but I think this attitude is a cop-out. It's the easy route for a person to take, and it's the most irresponsible. Sure, a lot of politicians are crooked. What you need to remember (or realize) is that you're a lucky son of a bitch to be living in the greatest country on the planet. Your freedom and your right to elect your own Government is something you shouldn't take lightly. You owe it to your forefathers and yourself to figure out where you stand on issues, find out where the politicians (at least CLAIM to) stand on them and vote for them.

No offense taken what so ever. I voted in this past election and have participated in my local government and national elections since 1983. But as you get older you realize that your family, your friends and your community ultimatlely have your best interest at heart. Politicians do not. The circle of family and friends and working class slobs like myself are what keeps America strong and on track.

The ideal that politicians can actually change things so drastically that they will actually affect your daily life as far as I am concerned is a concept akin to believing in the tooth fairy. Those days are long gone.

I didn't mean to imply that I had given up on voting. I actually felt compelled to vote for Nader and did so we could get a third party system in place, where there would be more choices than this assanine two party system.

As far as being a lucky SOB to live in this country I believe it. I served my country, I contribute to society and will always be there for my Family and Friends. But the problem is that Politicians dont know how lucky and how much of an honor it is to represent the hardworking people who voted their pathetic asses in.

Instead they piss all over their constituants, fatten their wallets and send aid and food to countries that will not come to our aid ever.

As far as Fun goes it's like Jello-O there is always room for more. I enjoy life and refuse to get caught up in the shitstorm of rhetoric dished out everytime one of these politicians opens his cakehole.

Best Regards,

Momo

Oblivious Maximus said:
Michael Moore is nothing more that a big, fat, lying piece of shit with flies all around it. It's low life scumbags like him that are what's wrong with the politcal spectrum in America. Little minded folks listen to the shit that this fag spews and they beleive it! I hope Moore chokes on a hotdog in the bath tub!

This guy doesnt at all sound like he lives in a trailer park , has an eighth grade education, and smoked the last of his 80 I.Q. away on crack. o_O Nahh!!!!

On the topic of 7% of the economy being in the hands of the Saudis, a friend of mine put it perfectly:

We now have to support a monarchy which is toally racist and sexist, with tons of human rights violations, because of their oil. Because of oil, millions of women cannot even leave their homes without problems, they cannot drive, etc. Because of bush, if you live in the middle east and your not a fundamentalist muslim, you are in trouble.

No, that isn't me. But he said it far better than I could. He followed it up with a decent editorial, and though I know approximately all of you will jump the opportunity to declare it "hippy liberal douche bullshit" I think you're better off at least trying to read it.

That was really well put, good job to your friend.

I could be wrong but I thought the Sauds wanted the US troops out of their kingdom and we complied?

Im not sure if that was a question or a statement, so could an anal Canadian correct my grammer or spelling there.

Thanks.

Momo said:
No offense taken what so ever. I voted in this past election and have participated in my local government and national elections since 1983. But as you get older you realize that your family, your friends and your community ultimatlely have your best interest at heart. Politicians do not. The circle of family and friends and working class slobs like myself are what keeps America strong and on track.

The ideal that politicians can actually change things so drastically that they will actually affect your daily life as far as I am concerned is a concept akin to believing in the tooth fairy. Those days are long gone.

I didn't mean to imply that I had given up on voting. I actually felt compelled to vote for Nader and did so we could get a third party system in place, where there would be more choices than this assanine two party system.

As far as being a lucky SOB to live in this country I believe it. I served my country, I contribute to society and will always be there for my Family and Friends. But the problem is that Politicians dont know how lucky and how much of an honor it is to represent the hardworking people who voted their pathetic asses in.

Instead they piss all over their constituants, fatten their wallets and send aid and food to countries that will not come to our aid ever.

As far as Fun goes it's like Jello-O there is always room for more. I enjoy life and refuse to get caught up in the shitstorm of rhetoric dished out everytime one of these politicians opens his cakehole.

Best Regards,

Momo

I don't whole-heartedly agree on all your points, but it sounds like I misjudged you. I apologize, and I thank you for serving.

xxMetalHeadxx said:
This guy doesnt at all sound like he lives in a trailer park , has an eighth grade education, and smoked the last of his 80 I.Q. away on crack. o_O Nahh!!!!

Boy, you don't at all sound like an asshole.