Status
Not open for further replies.

Windom Pearl

HUGGY!!!!
May 31, 2001
Tampere, Finland
www.farmakonband.com
Drummer Riku Airisto has left Farmakon.

Nothing sensational. Riku just got fed up playing music as quirky as Farmakon is.

We're looking for a new drummer so if you live in Finland, preferrably close to Tampere, and feel you're the man, then don't hesitate to contact us either in this forum or by using the band mail:

farmakon@rock.com

Samples of "A Warm Glimpse" can be heard on our webpage.

www.farmakon.tk

We expect you to be experienced, play tight and be able to understand odder time-signatures. Groovy touch is a plus. Gigging and album recording can be expected in the near future, so you should be able to take a few weeks off from your normal life occasionally.

Damn, this is bad news, but also good news. I'll work on the good news bit later.

Good luck with the search, and when you find the right chap make a UK gig the first priority, eh?? There's a good metal-band.

Hearse said:
WTF *slap*
change the attitude :D

You will, trust me, and I wouldnt be suprised if you even find a better drummer, atleast more same spirited :)
The quicker you start to look in the future and stop worrying the things already happened, the faster you get there. Trust me on this one, been there done that. :)

I think that this can cause a serious problem. I don't think it will be easy to find someone who can play all this very physical and fast shit, and then also have that softer groovy side. For all that i know, Riku is a very versatile drummer, and usually someone as versatile as him, doesn't have that much of the physical side... But Riku also could have player a little tighter. You know what i'd like to hear? Farmakon with the drummer of Rotten Sound... :headbang:

PS. Sorry for my know-it-all lecture here again...

So, what are you guys actually doing right now with the band? Stopping people on the street and going from door to door asking "would you happen to be a mighty fine death metal drummer"? Are you still rehearsing with Riku? Tell us something...

At the moment we're fully focusing on crying and being drunk straight from the early morning.

And rumous tell that there might be a bassist entering the band at some point.

The plan is to write new stuff using computers while waiting for a drummer to emerge. In case nothing comes up we must...eh...hire someone. Shite.

Plus, we'd get more money... :)

No, actually, a bassist is good so Marko can consentrate on the singing and performing on stage. I and Toni are a pretty lazy on-stage... :)

I agree with Lee. That would just make things more difficult to arrange. Besides, when you keep telling people how hard it is to play bass and sing at the same time, they'll eventually start to believe you and start to believe that you are a god. And that will be a great advantage for you, cause every little girl on the front row at your gigs will want to have sex with you. Just think about Gene Simmons. How ugly is he, and how much pussy has he had during the years, and still would if he could get a boner after all the boozing...

Hmm...this could get confessional and artsy :) Well, there are a few reasons.

First of all, I seriously want to become a better singer, increase my range to high-pitch stuff and all that. Good singing is very physical and yet precise art, and requires the use of the whole upper body. The bass lies on my chest/stomach and makes to correct breathing a bit hard (not impossible in any way, but hey, I'm a novice). Playing at the same time also takes my notice from breathing technique and stuff. That wouldn't probably matter if I already was a master...but hey, I'm a novice.

Second, playing and singing at the same time isn't too easy either. I don't think I whine about it though. (MATTI!) I can do it OK, it' just that the intensity suffers when I do both, and I screw up more often in both. It's .. uncomfortable.

Third, the performance. As Lassi hinted, the guitarists are like cocks in a wedding :D There should be some minor action onstage.

Fourth, composing. After strong consentration to riffs I write on guitar without thinkin bass at all I find it irritating that I have to suddenly come up with basslines. Belive it or not, it's terribly difficult. As the basslines should be good stuff too, not just something I throw in because someone has to do it.

Yey. OK, I am a bit worried about losing the bass control, I admit. I know being just a singer is fucking boring at the point where the other guys spend 2 hours jamming Megadeth. Luckily we don't know how to jam. Also, being a mediocre singer and bassist is OK, but being just a mediocre singer may make me wonder what the hell I'm actually doing in the band. But I'll live with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.