Fates Warning Cover Song

Which Fates Warning song should Spiral Architect cover... hypothetically !!

• Total voters

Dark Lord

Reincarnation of Yourself
Nov 4, 2005
Beirut, Lebanon
Hey dudes, well we all know that Spiral Architect already covered "Prelude to Ruin" from Fates Warning's "Awaken the Guardian"... But let's assume for a moment that they didn't cover any Fates Warning songs yet, and they were planning to do one very soon. So they asked us fans to vote for the best song to cover from "Awaken the Guardian". Assuming all this, what would your vote be guys?? My vote goes to "Exodus" :headbang:

*ps: "Guardian" & "Fata Morgana" come in close at 2nd place :)

Some quick notes on the topic: As much as I like Prelude to Ruin, my vote at the time was for Pirates of the Underground – I’d still like to do that one at some point in time. Now, as some of you already might know, we’ve actually done two other songs with FW, Anarchy Divine and Valley of the Dolls. Anarchy Divine was done live several times, and playing that song with Øyvind on vocals was always a totally amazing experience! Valley of the Dolls, on the other hand, was used only for testing vocalists back in ’92-’94(that is prior to Øyvind joining the band). That turned out not being the smartest thing to do, but at least we got some really funny recordings out of it… poor guys.

Guys..... don't take this the wrong way, but I really don't know where you're getting all this. I never asked you to tell me your favorite songs from "The Spectre Within", or from "Parallels". I was only asking your opinion on songs from " Awaken the Guardian".... and on the same note, if you make posts and remarks, atleast take the time to cast in your vote... it doesn't hurt.... really.... i swear !!! :D

I really have to vote for Guardian because that is one of my fav Fates Warning songs and it would be magical to hear a SA twist and give it a modern sounding production.

Soul of Ice said:
I really have to vote for Guardian because that is one of my fav Fates Warning songs and it would be magical to hear a SA twist and give it a modern sounding production.

Yeah, Guardian is definately a great song... but my vote still goes to "Exodus"... my favorite... i just love that chorus..." Exodus... Ascend the plane.... Exhiiiilllllle.... this medium of bondage .... far beyond the myriads of crypts and pyramids.... beyond the harpy vultures guarding their tombs ..... ARCANA awaits ".... hehe.... it would be interesting to see how Spiral Architect would re-create such a song and especially the entrancing chorus !!!